Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange Gyro roundup?
  • breninbeener

There was a flurry of activity a couple of months ago as people snapped up Gyros from the Orange website.

so, how are you all getting along with them?

Anything you love or hate? Have you changed anything?

hb70

I had one of the XL that came up in early January. I’m a relative noob who never expected to be able to afford something like this. I’m sure you can get better or more modern or less gatelike but it feels great and solid and quality. I got overtaken by someone on one going up a climb over Widdop a couple of weekends ago. He’d bought his at the same time and he loved it too.

hb70

…except. And you can laugh at me now. Where can I put my water bottle? Under the seat?

breninbeener

Camelbak is the way forwards!

Glad you are enjoying it. I have put a dropper post on mine and a -2° headset. Totally fab!

petersnell
    Free Member

Had mine since last May, very pleased with it. Copes well with everything I can throw at it from long xc routes, Welsh trail centres to enduro routes on the roc d’azur. Changed quite a bit on mine, reverb, carbon bars and hope bling. Just bought some American Classic all mountain wheels which I’ll be fitting soon with spesh purgatory/control combo.
    Next upgrade is works angleset,
    Breninbeener how have you found the 2* set? Any downsides?

breninbeener

This was my 1st 29er and i must admit i bought it as it was too cheap to ignore.

I have put a dropper on it, and i have a set of XT brakes to go on when i find the time. I also have a T-Rex 40 and a 32t NW to go on when i get a moment.

The -2° angleset is brilliant. I bought it to mimic the geometry of the Segment, and i really love it. I didnt ride it in standard trim, but got my lbs to fit it straight away.

My other bikes are quite slack so i knew what i wanted. I haven’t had any pedal strikes, and i love the way it rides.

The wheels feel heavy, its more rouleur than sprinter, but there is a lot of rim weight. The 29er tyres are about a kilo in weight, and i tried my best with going ghetto tubeless to lose rotating mass. I would love lighter wheels and the ACs mentioned sount fab, but for that money you could have LB carbons with Hope hubs…..mmmm

petersnell
    Free Member

Yeah lb carbon with hope hubs were my next choice, went for the ac all mountain because the lbs is a dealer and has good stock of spares. Ditching the standard mountain kings is a good idea as they weigh a lot and aren’t too grippy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange Gyro roundup?’ is closed to new replies.