Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Orange G3 2010 17"- any suggestions on improving geometry
  • Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

I’d love some suggestions to make my G3 feel “larger”. It just seems that bit smaller, after I’ve been riding my Giant Anthem x4. Any suggestions in terms of best parts/makes to lengthen stem, adjust seatpost and/or headset so that the bike feels bigger?

either that or its time for a bigger frame perhaps

ampthill

Thew problem is that all options are a compromise else where. Stem length effects handling, seat post lay back effects weight distribution. If your luck you’ll want slower handling……

I think that aside the only thing I’d try is lowering the bars, as its free (asuming you have spacers to remove)

failing that sell the frame and buy a larger one. Orange frames seem to crop up quite alot on ebay (as do Merlin frames and on-one frames) at fairly low cost and you can always cash in your old frame so if your careful about seat post diameter it should be quite cheap….

Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

Thanks ampthill. I’ll try a longer stem and push the saddle furthest back as I do feel to be over the bars a lot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Orange G3 2010 17"- any suggestions on improving geometry’ is closed to new replies.