Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Four sizing
  • st

Anyone here over 6’ and riding an Orange Four?

They hadn’t been on my shortlist as they’re over budget but I’ve found a cracking deal on the S model at the right price but I’m 6’1” and stock goes up to large. Checking the numbers it looks similarly proportioned to my 2017 18.5/19.5” Trek Stache with just a slightly shorter top tube but comparable reach.

Test riding isn’t an option as this is a mail order special so any feedback from riders of a similar height on a L or XL appreciated.

Ta.

rickon
    Free Member

Really does depend on how you’re proportioned. But if you were average for 6’1 definitely an XL.

If you like short bikes, then large may be OK, but if you’ve got long legs the 18″ seattube *may* not be enough for you.

timc
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 and ride a XL, as above depends on proportions really.

In Bolton if you want a ride on it

chiefgrooveguru

f you’ve got long legs the 18″ seattube *may* not be enough for you.

Only if you’re using an unnecessarily short dropper post.

fettlin

6’1 and on a large with a 35mm stem and 150mm reverb, plenty big enough.
    Mind I am used to old school santa cruz frames so anything feels roomy!

st

linger upper body here (32” inside leg) and some of the comments above are confirming my suspicion that it may be a little on the small side, hmm.

pj-slay
    Free Member

6’1 with a 32 inside leg and long torso riding a large – I did change the stem to a 50mm and that feels spot on now.

pnik

i’m 6’2″ and test rode a Large it was too small, bought an XL Segment in the end much better fit. I previously rode Large Five (2004 and 2012) but they seem to have shrunk, I’d say a large is a medium.

In short sorry I reckon you’re most likely an XL.

tenfoot

I’m 6ft and riding a large. It’s fine for me. Great bike if you do go for it.

chestrockwell

I’m 6’ 2” and have a XL Segment + large p7. The Four comes up smaller, like the Crush so I imagine you could comfortably ride it but with all settings maxed out.

For reference I had a large 2009 5 that felt too small, a XL 2005 5 that felt too big and a large 2014 5 29 that was ok but maybe a little cramped.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Four sizing’ is closed to new replies.