Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Orange five S with upgrades… Good deal???
  • downs523
    Free Member

Seen a new 2012 orange 5 S for sale online with the upgraded forks to the fox float 32 (same as pro) and with the hope hub pro 2 upgrade. After the discount and with the £100 neon green colour option is comes in at £2300. Is that a good price?

downs523
    Free Member

Also I am 5th 8 so I assume a 16″frame is suitable…;)

wrecker
    Free Member

Just get a 2011 one;
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/orange-five-s-item160786.html
    You might be able to get the custom colour

orena45

£260 off the RRP seems alright to me

downs523
    Free Member

Wrecker i have already seen that one and have contacted them… They are sold out unfortunately

downs523
    Free Member

Is 16″frame good for a 5ft8 bloke?

Sandwich

What a J E James offer not in stock. Who’d a thunk it.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

What about a Santa cruz heckler?
    http://www.santacruzbikes.co.uk/heckler#tabs-2
    You can mix and match on the spec aswell

downs523
    Free Member

Sandwich- tell me about it got all excited as it still said delivery4-7 days or something… Ahh well

Euro
    Free Member

downs523 – Member

Is 16″frame good for a 5ft8 bloke?

If 4ft of that is legs, then no.

downs523
    Free Member

Euro- cheers mate, should be ok then :mrgreen:

trailmonkey

course it’s not a good deal ffs, compare it to something like a pitch or a trance and a 5 is ludicrously expensive.

ruscle
    Free Member

Get the 5, I think their great. Will be worth every penny

downs523
    Free Member

Defo want the 5 just wanna make sure I get the right size… Swaying towards the 17″, I currently have a 17″ frame on my specialized hard rock pro and that’s fine

Junkyard
    Free Member

16 should be correct absolutely spot on for you for you as I am 5 9 and a bit and ride an 18 which feels big at first.
    16 is more chuckable but I could not ride it all day long.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Buy new, and get it from Freewheel nottingham.

I’ve just ordered mine from the, orange 5 pro with most upgrade boxes ticked except the tubeless tyres… RRP £3800, got a very good discount for agreeing to pay the balance in full without finance.

I’ve had bad experiences with J E James unfortunately, wouldn’t buy a bike from them again.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

would have thought a 16″ would be spot-on for 5’8″. I’m 5’10” and ride a 16″ Orange Alpine (think 5 with added skills compensation) but I like my bikes at the smaller end (actually picked it on top tube length as it is similar to the 17″ santa cruz it replaced).

How long is your Hard Rock and its stem, and how does that compare to the 16″ and 17″ Oranges?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m a midget (5’6″) & my 2011 5’s a 16″, I’ve a 29″ inside leg, here’s the bike on a ride (so you can see how high the seatpost is,)

If your’e 5’8″ I’d be trying the next size up. Whatever size you get, your’e gonna love it!

downs523
    Free Member

Thanks for all the posts I took the plunge.. Couldn’t resist it anymore and ordered a five S with upgraded front fork and upgraded hope hubs pro II. After discounts it was £2300. Now need to get my specialized hardrock pro disc sold to get some funds in m bank!! Hopefully delivery won’t be too long! BTW went for the 17″ frame in NEON GREEN 😉

curvature
    Free Member

Good choice, where did you get it from in the end?

The White one above looks just like mine although with more chainrings at the front!

downs523
    Free Member

Got it from SUNSETmtb.co.uk they have a 10% discount code at the moment

creamegg
    Free Member

Id be suprised if you didt get at least 10% off anyway with or without discount code.

curvature
    Free Member

Glad you got it sorted.

What colour Hope gear did you go for?

When i was looking they were offering a White frame with Blue Hope or Black frame with Red Hope.

Tempted but the deal on the Pro from Swinnertons won in the end!

gsp1984
    Free Member

Nice one, depending on your fork upgrade, if you went for the factory 32 float fit RLC with Kashima, then like me, you may be waiting a while 🙁

downs523
    Free Member

Went for neon green with fox 32 fork without kashima, how long did you have to wait for yours mate?

downs523
    Free Member

Sorry the neon green is the frame colour, the hope colour I assume will be black as there was no colour option for them

gsp1984
    Free Member

Picked mine up today, took 3 weeks, which I’m happy with as I was told there was a delay on the Factory 32 RLC until the 14th November. I hadn’t see the olour in the flesh only in photos, but it’s awesome in the flesh… thank god.

Pure sex

bigthunder
    Free Member

Magic bikes. Orange are the best.

Bagstard
    Free Member

gsp1984, loving your bike! 😀

creamegg
    Free Member

loving that neon yellow, thinking of getting a patriot in that colour with white rims

downs523
    Free Member

mine arrived today!! took about 3 weeks so happy too! pics below

not as much spec as the above neon yellow 🙂 but its my first full sus bike and i love it… glad i chose neon green its eyecatching. took it out to test the setup and rode around my local lake and had a couple say “nice bike” ha!! love it

downs523
    Free Member

PS seat post was put up before riding 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Orange five S with upgrades… Good deal???’ is closed to new replies.