Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Orange Five / Rock Shox Lyrik maximim tyre size
  • pondering_panda
    Free Member

As the title says. I’ve got a five with Lyriks. I’m going out to BC this summer and need some suitable tyres. Anyone know if maxxis 2.5″ will fit in either frame or fork with room to spare for flex? This thread …

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/biggest-tyres-to-fit-a-five

… suggests they will but I would like to have some more imput before I jump in and buy fresh rubber!

Cheers!

carbon337
    Free Member

A minion 2.5 might as they are tiny by comparison to other makes.

Liftman

I’m running 2.5 minions front and back on my alpine 160 with lyrics and they have plenty clearance.

swisstony
    Free Member

no probs at all with lyriks but don’t know about the 5

Northwind

I’ve had 2.7 Minions in my Lyriks, and 2.5 Nevegals (both the same size 😉 ). Worked fine. A genuine 2.7 would be short on mud clearance though, at best

anto164
    Free Member

2.7s fit lyriks no problem.

I ran 2.5 high rollers with zero issues in my old lyriks.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Lyric manual quotes 2.7 as the max size

Jeffus
    Free Member

2.5 minions fit the rear but tight for mud clearance, I put some clear vinyl over the paint to protect it, Lyric is no problem with a 2.5 Minion.

Rickos
    Free Member

Running 2.5 Big Earls on my Lyrik/5 combo and both are OK. Gets a bit tight in really muddy conditions on the back especially with a neoprene chainstay guard.

slowrider
    Free Member

As above, 2.5 minion fits but I got mine to rub when cornering hard.

pondering_panda
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses. Sounds like 2.35 is going to have to do for the five, but 2.5 should be OK on the Lyriks.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Chicken!

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I run 2.5 Minion F on my 5 for DH tracks (recreational riding) but I build my wheels really stiff and don’t get much lateral deflection.
    I’ve only ever had slight rub on the chaindevice roller bolt (gamut p30)under heavy (sprinting) pedal loads.

I like the 2.35 version more though, the suspenson is so active, a 2.5 at low pressure doesn’t feel as good as a 2.35 at the “right” pressure.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five / Rock Shox Lyrik maximim tyre size’ is closed to new replies.