• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Orange Five rear QR (Squeaking issues inside ! )
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Just a note out there for people with Orange Fives that may have rear dropouts with squeaking and QR issues. Mine has been squeaking since Feb (bough in Jan as a frame only). (I tried all of the tips from STW members as well). I didn’t get the maxles version as the hope Pro II conversion wasn’t available (used old wheels to build up).

To cut a long story short I traced it to my rear QR – tried shimano, OEM Marin ones, and Kores to no avail. I converted to 10mm bolt through with the Hope kit and DT Swiss ratchets (Although you could use other cheaper 10mm QR or bolt ons with the other hope kit) 1 week later not squeaks at all – my bike is silent out the saddle up hills. I am full of joy. The conversion process on rear took about 10 mins with servicing the hub and re-greasing and the front (9mm) took me about 2 mins.

The cost of teh rear and front hope kits were around £20 and £15 and then on top you have your chosen bolt through….. More time to test but no issues on loosening of the bolt through like on some threads so far. I have to say I think you can over tightnen the DT Swiss bolt though – Its a plastic handle and at first I tried to undo it and it made a harsh squeak after hitting it with a rubber hammer. Too tight – backed it off and tightened to where it started to sqeak and hey presto sorted!

Yours a very pleased Five Rider 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five rear QR (Squeaking issues inside ! )’ is closed to new replies.