Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Five New Build
  • trance12
    Free Member

Hi guys, im looking to build a Five but some what undecided on components 😕 … I live in the north (Stockport) & ride the peak/pennines but also do trail centres. I’d say that most of my riding it tech xc so dont want an already heavy frame turning into a lead weight…

Thank you 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

get light components then

wallop

Favourite bits on my Five – dropper post and Hope Hoops.

banks
    Free Member

Just get fitter. Get a decent build which will hold up to regular rides in the peaks and a bike which makes who want to ride anytime any day.

Oh and as much shimano kit as possible.

tony07
    Free Member

There was a thread a few days ago with weights of five builds. Worth a look

trance12
    Free Member

Thanks Tony I’ll check now…

i suppose really what i want advice on is the suspension choice, i have a 2012 Trance x0 with reverb,hope evo, slx etc which i can swap over.

Junkyard – lazarus

get light components then

Do you have to be an arse on every thread?

C’mon dude, even I manage to limit it to just a few 😉

Mugboo

I don’t think the frames as heavy as it looks unless your comparing it with a carbon frame.

patriotpro
    Free Member

An arse is an arse.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wheels are a key bit, get as light & strong as you can afford.
    After that it’s death by a thousand cuts, £5 more on each makes for lighter bits. In the end you can look up weights of kit and prices and work out what your better spending your money on. I have a build spreadsheet for my new bike build, it will be a compromise of what is available at the right price and what is lighter. I am swapping things in and out to hit a price and weight.
    After that a lighter frame 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five New Build’ is closed to new replies.