Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange five demo 20" Birmingham/W. Mids/Cannock?
  • nickdavies

Anyone know of anywhere stocking a 20″ five demo? I quite fancy a foray back into full suss and bikescene are knocking frames out cheap but never ridden a five before. Geometry looks good though, it’s pretty spot on to what i’m after as most frames tend to run a bit to small or a bit too large.

Had a mooch around but nothing from the usual suspects, best i’ve found so far is an 18″ and I need a 20″.

Cheers

roverpig

Damn, have they not sold those frames yet? I saw those before going on holiday, then forgot all about them. Now you’ve gone and reminded me. Still, I’m sure we’ll soon get glowing reviews of how much better the latest 650b Five is, to put me off actually buying one.

takisawa2

Swinnertons on Cannock Chase are listing the 650b version, in medium size…

nickdavies

Yeah, Swinnertons have them but only in medium….

Might have to take a punt! Anyone riding a 20″ at 6ft 2 with 32″ inseam???

rOcKeTdOg

26″ or 27.5?

orangewinger
    Free Member

I ride a 20″ and I’m 6ft1 but no idea of my leg length other than I’m generally a normal 36 waist with whatever length that is.

I run mine with a 50mm stem and 650mm bars, I can just get a Reverb in it at full height. It does feel big but is much more comfortable than my 18″ ST4 I used to have, which used to give me back ache as I think it was too cramped lengthwise. I do find it not quite as easy to throw around as the ST4 and I could probably do with a 19″ if they made it.

HTH

nickdavies

Sorry, 26″ wheel. The new one is pretty much everything I want in a bike as I’d rather go 27.5″ but I don’t want to pay new model frame money and buy new wheels.

Thanks orangewinger.

kendo954
    Free Member

I’ve a 20 alpine and I’m 6’2 it’s perfect size

Mate has an 18 five, deffo to small for me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange five demo 20" Birmingham/W. Mids/Cannock?’ is closed to new replies.