Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange five and 2×10 issues???
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

according to ask1974 looking back a month he had his lovely orange five fitted with an xtr 2×10 chainset, yet when ive emailed orange before and it also states on their site that you cant run 2×10 xt/xtr chainsets on a five?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/better-than-i-ever-thought-possible-warning-new-bike-content/page/2

i have emailed ask1974 to find out a bit more, whether his LBS did something special to make it work etc…

ill be pretty miffed if it does work as ive just recently acquired 3×10 chainset and i desperately wanted to do 2×10 but was told otherwise from the brand themself?

any ideas?

Rorschach
    Free Member

You run into problems with the big ring hitting the swingarm/pivot without changing the chainline considerably (36t middle ring is periously close on a dbl/bash)

Jeffus
    Free Member

I asked Orange a few weeks back they said 34-32 is about the max you can run on a double as the chain may foul the swing arm, 36 was almost impossible with a normal 50mm chain line, apparently depends on the tolerance of the frame.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You skiving Mr M?

dirtydog
    Free Member

You shouldn’t have a problem.

Just remove the outer and middle and replace with bash and 34t-36t nine speed ring.

I converted my 3X10 770 XT cranks to double and bash with 36/24 rings on my 2011 five with zero issues.

2×10 conversion

FieldMarshall

I’ve been happily running a double and bash on my ’09 Five since new without any issues.

Have run both Middleburn RS8 And XT with 36T.

I’ve also been using a BB mounted stinger with the XT but as that just replaces the spacer, that shouldn’t make any difference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange five and 2×10 issues???’ is closed to new replies.