Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Crush frame
  • DWT
    Free Member

Im looking at changing my frame from a Scott scale to an Orange crush. I am currently running 120MM Rock shox reba maxle forks on the Scale. The orange Crush is designed for 140 MM forks.

My question is that will putting my 120MM forks on it dramatically change the handling/geometry of the bike?

Im looking to transfer the rest of the components from my scale to the Orange Crush so only want to purchase the frame really.

ButtonMoon

Just buy and try! They are so cheap, if you didn't like it you could just flog it on.

I run mine with a 36 Float and think it is superb! The smaller the fork, the more you will drop the head angle and turn it into a x-xountry bike. These are great as a hardcore hardtail and I wouldn't really want to ride one as a normal hardtail.

Sorce a 140mm (min) fork and use it properly is my advice.

DWT
    Free Member

Yes in time I would be looking to put a 140mm travel for on it but at the moment I cant really afford it. My mate has an orange crush and I really like the geometry of the frame for the type of riding I do (compared to the scale)

So what I want to know really, would it dramatically change the geometry / handling of the crush with the 120mm reba's

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

good luck finding one…i think theyre out of stock till late march….
    ive got a couple of bikes in…

soz!

mildred

Most magazines state that one inch in the fork length is worth 1 degree on the head angle. I've never measured it so can't verify that. But working on this idea, you're talking less than a degree.

Look at it like this – 2cm is the difference, or to put that into context, the width of my thumb is the difference. Do YOU think it will dramatically change things? No, me neither. If you like the things just get one, try it, and if you don't like it with the Reba's (which are not that much shorter than 140mm fox floats), you could sell them and buy something longer.

wl
    Free Member

ButtonMoon's right, I reckon. Aim to put 140mm forks on, otherwise you're wasting a great frame by spoiling the angles slightly.

DWT
    Free Member

Yes thats what I would like to do eventually as it will suite the riding I do but at the moment I will stick with the Reba's and then change when some cash becomes available.

cycleworlduk – yes I know they are difficult to get hold of, but I just wanted to check ifthe forks would be ok before I begin my quest to find one. I just want to change from the scale frame really as its more of a XC race geometry rather than the trail stuff I seem to be mostly be riding at the moment and as I have tried the Crush and liked it I thought I would go with that. (Unless there are any other good simular frame alternatives for the price)

Thanks for the replies so far guys really appreciated.

mildred

Theres a bloke on here constantly trying to sell his 2 hrs old crush – unfortunately he never replies on his thread.

ProfileFavoritesriderx » Profile
    riderx (riderx)
    Occupation
    builder
    Interests
    enduro/motocross
    Visible Email
    robertrider@sky.com
    User Activity
    Recent Replies
    1. FS orange crush – User last replied: 3 days ago | Most recent reply: 3 days ago
    2. FS orange crush – User last replied: 4 days ago | Most recent reply: 3 days ago
    3. FS orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    4. FS orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | No replies since
    5. orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    6. wtd hardtail bike for 6'1 – User last replied: 1 week ago | No replies since
    7. FS orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | No replies since
    8. fs orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    9. orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | No replies since
    10. orange crush – User last replied: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    Topics Started
    1. FS orange crush – Started: 3 days ago | Most recent reply: 3 days ago
    2. FS orange crush – Started: 4 days ago | Most recent reply: 3 days ago
    3. FS orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    4. FS orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | No replies.
    5. orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    6. FS orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    7. fs orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    8. orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    9. orange crush – Started: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago

DWT
    Free Member

Seems as the Orange crush frame is so difficult to get hold of I have also been looking at the new cotic soul.

What is the weight/ ride like compared to the crush. Would this be a better option maybe with my forks than the crush anyway? As I said I'm just looking for something a little more trail friendly than the Scale

Any thooughts?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

the crush is a more heavy duty frame,if its a similar frame you want from cotic it'll be this one,due in feb…..http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/BFe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Crush frame’ is closed to new replies.