Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Orange Crush fork dilemna
  • mildred

Looking at the Orange Crush – Leisure Lakes have a ride to work version, which has RS Recon 351 solo air at bang on £1k, whereas the standard has a Fox float 140r for £100 more. Both QR & 140mm, and no other spec difference.

What I want to know is there anything to gain by getting the fox version? Both Forks have good write ups all over the web, and I have fond memories of my Fox floats from a few years ago. Having said that, I've now had Pikes, rev's and run Totems on my big bike and haven't had too many issues with RS.

timbercombe
    Free Member

I had a 2008 Crush, nice bikes definitely a good choice, mine came with Van Rs, I found the forks profoundly lacking in adjustments whereas the Recons would have some things to fiddle with. Depends what you want from a fork!

shighter
    Free Member

i have got a p7 pro and an evo 8 , i tried a crush and to be honest unless u really want to give it some serious sh*t u would be better going for a p7 s ,as this is much better for day to day use, not as hard work as the crush.
    the rock shox tora on it, is a 130mm and is a pretty good fork..

mildred

Had a play around on both the crush and P7, expecting to prefer the P7, but found that it felt a bit odd, as though the handlebars were too low and seat tube was too laid back so my hands felt near my knees. Whereas the Crush felt spot on. Additionally, the Tora fork felt awful so would've needed an upgrade, which drags the price way past what i'm willing to spend.

The Crush was noticeably lighter, which I didn't expect, but I can't see whether the Float is worth £100 over the Recon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Orange Crush fork dilemna’ is closed to new replies.