Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange Crush
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

Who’s ridden one and what are they like? What other frames are they comparable to? Stiffee, mmmbop etc or not as burly?

lovetoride
    Free Member

Anyone with any views?

stev0
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2010 model, had it since new pretty much, chucked some meatier tires on (Baron front/mountain king rear) as the standard tires were crap, gone single ring at front, wider bars and pro 2 ztr rear wheel, couldnt be happier with it, such a fun bike to ride very comftable on the descents.

Hard to compare to much else as this is my first “long travel” hardtail but for what its worth I won’t be looking to change it in a very long time.

Can be picked up very cheaply, mine was unused and I picked it up for £600, definitely worth a look.

lovetoride
    Free Member

Thanks stev0.

Can they cope with some light freeride and the odd downhill day?

matther01
    Free Member

Had a 2010, but didn’t really get on too well with it…probably because I used it more as a trail bike than a fun bike.

The ride was very harsh and sizing was an issue… 17″ was too small and left me breathless on climbs and 19″ was just massive.

Couldn’t fault the look and components though! That green colour was amazing.

There’s a bloke selling a 2010 frame on here for £180.

stev0
    Free Member

Definitely

I ride alot of natural DH on mine and a friend regulary takes his to Cwmcarn uplift days and gets on fine, I’d recommend some beefier tires at the very minimum though as mine came with the old style mountain kings which were crap! not sure on 2013 spec though.

stev0
    Free Member

+ 1 on frame finish and sizing I’m 6ft and found the 19″ a little compact so added a layback post to solve this.

Might also be added I use the bike as more of a 1-2 quick thrash around the woods bike, not 100% it would be suited to all day epics.

richyb78
    Free Member

I have the 2011 Crush and really like it.

stuck a burlier wheel set on with some high rollers, wider bars and have gone double and bash and its great for most of the riding i do.

personally I dont really notice it being any harsher a ride compared to some steel frames ive ridden but i am by no means an expert.

at 5’10 the 17″ fits me perfectly.

iain65
    Free Member

I just bought a 15” frame for my 11 yr old lad from Bikescene in Decemeber that I’ve built up, can’t comment on riding but good value as 2012 frame at £199 with a CRC sale Sektor fork at £179.
    Frame is well finished and robust (2.2kg!) and he likes it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange Crush’ is closed to new replies.