Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Broadband – any good?
  • Jase
    Free Member

Noticed that Orange do broadband for £10 a month, anyone know if its any good?

Always been pleased with their customer service with my mobile.

Thanks.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Internet customer service awful.

We’d been with Orange BB since before Orange did internet, Wannadoo etc. About 3 years ago we lost all internet access at home, wasn’t the router, blah de blah, and in the end Orange accepted that they had a server fault that meant they couldn’t restore our access. We were without for about 6 weeks before I couldn’t put up with this shite anymore, and told them where to go, at which point they started talking T&C’s and 28 day notice.

I told them to stuff 28 day notice as they’d left us without internet for greater than 28 days, we were off. Up to this point had been dealt with by overseas call centres, when I kicked off big style they found a UK based call centre supervisor to speak to me to try and keep my custom for a service they couldn’t provide.

Cancelled direct debit with bank, told Orange in writing what we were doing, went to Talk Talk – so far no problems. Orange tried the debt chasing route once or twice, but then seemed content to drop the issue. Didn’t effect credit rating as we got a new mortgage the following year and wifey has had loans etc without problem since.

Rant Over, wouldn’t piss on Orange if they were on fire. I’d probably have lit the fire BTW.

roger_mellie

No major problems for over a year now (touch wood). Sometimes need to do the old IT favourite of turn-it-off-and-on-again on the modem. Not as fast or reliable as cable though. Even cheaper if you’re on a mobile contract with Orange.

Jase
    Free Member

So, reading between the lines you wouldn’t recommend them 😀

Thanks BTW

seven
    Free Member

I’ve been with them for 5 years (since wanadoo days).

Only had one problem in that time and agree customer services are rubbish, but have had no issues in past 4 years.

I get speed of 10Mbs (but then I am only a mile from the exchange)

Cheers

ebygomm
    Free Member

We were with Orange a couple of years ago, they weren’t terrible but not great either. Used to drop the connection much more frequently than other providers we’ve been on.

We moved to O2 when we moved house and they were much better and cheaper (I have an O2 phone).

jd-boy
    Free Member

dont know about internet but we had 3 orange phone in the Business, promissed us the world, they were crap,, took 6 months to get a contract terminated that they could see we were not using as we never had any service were we needed to use them,

molgrips
    Free Member

We have had Orange broadband for 3 years or so because it’s free with our phones. I’ve never really had a problem, barring an occasional bit of slow access every now and then for a short while. Oh, it was down for a few hours a few weeks ago.

Never called customer services.

mwleeds

I had orange broadband for a couple of years (back when it was free if you had a mobile contract) and can’t fault it. I never had to deal with customer services but it was always quick and never failed to connect. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again though I’ve only ever used tiscali and bt to compare them with.

Jase
    Free Member

mmmmm….sounds similar to sky then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Broadband – any good?’ is closed to new replies.