Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Orange Blood
  • fallguy
    Free Member

Im looking for a bike for bigger day’s out ,for inners and fort william red and the like. Dont want a downhill specific bike something a peg down that still pedals alright so it can be used for other days.

Liking the look of the blood but its only 5″ rear travel.

Does anyone else here own one or had one on demo and used in anger?

All opinions welcome.

adey205
    Free Member

whats wrong with your spesh,

NOT MAN ENOUGH FOR YOU , EH! 😆

fallguy
    Free Member

Also looking at a lapierre spicy or froggy. Too many nice bikes out there!

fallguy
    Free Member

Dont have a spesh, got a hummer which i love and a blur lt which im selling

adey205
    Free Member

different fallguy then, thought you were the one i know,
    sorry 😳

fallguy
    Free Member

No probs buddy.

Come on someone must have one or tried one ❓

MrSparkle

I have ridden a certain pink and purple one that may belong to a certain editor of a certain magazine. It was very nice but total overkill for where we were riding. HTH.

jonb
    Free Member

Remedy, nomad

Ed-O
    Free Member

It’s lots of fun. Feels like a big big. Great to play on.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Prophet (still have one for sale 😉 )

fallguy
    Free Member

Mr Sparkle, eagerly waiting on the review, overkill for what? I like my bikes to be lively and think the blood looks like a total hooligan bike in the right place. Im a bit concerned its only 5″ off travel and was looking at the alpine?

As said got a cove hummer which is used most, its a riot. Also got a LT blur about to be replaced by a mojo and want an almost “downhilll bike”. Im too old really but like the downs more than the ups

mentalalex
    Free Member

blood with a coil shock ??

alpine would be a good choice with a coil shock at the back to give more of a dh feel.

my dh bike only has 6.1 at the back for some silly reason, and i can tell the different between that and the 8inch ones.

Kramer
    Free Member

fallguy, if you’ve already got a hardtail, and a mojo, then surely you need something a bit beefier than what you’re looking at? Almost a freeride bike?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Sounds like the Froggy would fit the bill then. Blood is a hooligan, it just depends how much rear cush you want.

GolfChick
    Free Member

my mate has one, in appley green, only few months old with a coil shock, ill get him to post up his review of it!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Really its the geometry that makes the difference, not the travel.

From the pics Ive seen (no experience of any riding time) the lapierre/trek/nomad all look more like long travel xc trail bikes. Quite steep, tall and long.

The blood looks short, slack and low which would make it far better for dh, even with 5inchs of travel only. If this is the case then get a blood, but probably worth test riding.

More travel doesnt = better/faster. I reckon geometry is more important

rj
    Free Member

I’ve tried the Blood, Remedy and Nomad. The Blood is great fun, really slack and fantastic downhill. It climbs better than you’d think, too. Didn’t really notice the lack of travel at the back. Th Nomad is predictably awesome, but the Remedy is pretty much as good, but the whole bike costs as much as the Nomad frame.

Make of my incoherent ramblings what you will.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Don’t forget the Reign!

fallguy
    Free Member

cheers all

buly79
    Free Member

Hey I’m Golfchicks mate. I’ve had a blood since February and I think it’s awesome. As someone has said already it’s more the geometry of the frame that matters than the ammont of travel. 5″ travel is way plenty on a bike like this it just eats up the bumps and flys over the jumps so well. It also climbs really well to which I was a bit worried about as I was put of a full sus a long time ago by how badley it climbed, so stuck with hardtails for a long time. As I say I am very impresed with my Blood awesome bike.

coogan
    Free Member

Bullit. And I happen to have one for sale…

markd
    Free Member

Orange blood for fun at trail centres, freeride radness to the max, spicy for a real ‘do it all’ bike, climbs like a (heavy) xc bike and decends like a mini dh bike. Perfect for the tight twisty stuff of inners.
    Both are great, but the blood doesn’t go uphill.

buly79
    Free Member

My Blood goes up hill no bother at all!!!

wl
    Free Member

I ride with folk on Bloods and they seem to handle anything and everything, and climb very well too. Sorted geometry is the key – forget the 5″ travel thing, it doesn’t seem to be an issue at all. I’d have one myself, but I’m not in the market and my Patriot’s great for now.

fivespot
    Free Member

fallguy, fancy an SX Trail ? I’ve just put a frame up for sale on the classifieds.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Buly always seems to climb fine, he’s single ring up front, its weighs about 37lbs and he beats me and the bf up the hills, and keeps up with almost everybody that overtakes us.

fallguy
    Free Member

I ordered a lapierre froggy 518 today, collect it on wednesday and off to fort william on friday. 😀

Need to get some knee and elbow pads now

olie
    Free Member

Blood=FUN

Forget the tavel and have a go on one, you will buy it!

I can pedal mine uphill fine and downhill its very inspiring and confident.

buly79
    Free Member

Seems too me that everyone who owns a Blood including myself loves it, and have no trouble at all in climbing the only people who seem too think there is a problem with them are those who don’t own one and have probabley never ridden one either, I’d highly recomend the Blood.

toons
    Free Member

How heavy are these blood’s?

chakaping
    Free Member

DavidT said what I was going to say. It’s the geometry, not the travel.

Test rode a Blood and it was like a little DH bike (which may be the idea), especially ridden back-to-back with my Reign.

And it did climb much better than a DH bike, but not as well as a more XC-shaped 6in bike.

fozzybear
    Free Member

frame + coil shock = 3.7kgs

Ed-O
    Free Member

Chipps’ weighs in at 32 lbs. Not bad at all and would be lighter with an air rather than coil fork.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

get in touch with me and i’ll get you a demo ride on one….great bike!

my 2p

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Orange Blood’ is closed to new replies.