Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange Blood 2010 – cable routing opinions
  • peterd
    Free Member

As the title says, if you have or have ridden a 2010 Orange Blood, what is the best cable routing for the rear disk and a continuous outer rear mech?

There are a number of guide points on the top of the swing arm and the underside of the top tube, but if all are used there is precious little room for cable excess when the suspension is compressed. The main options seem to me to be:

1) Don't use all cable guide points, so more room for excess cable
    2) Loosely fix using the cable guide points on the main frame so that as suspension compresses the cables slide back and forth
    3) Re-route completely along chainstay over main pivot and along downtube where cable movement is minimal.

I would be grateful for any (knowledgeable) opinions or photos of successful routings.

Thanks

peterd
    Free Member

bump

Sim

I went for option 2 on my 2009 Blood.

jemima
    Free Member

I went for option 2 on my 2009 Blood (don't know if the guide points are any different or not) but found the sliding cable was starting to wear through the guides (as it was moving a good few inchs back and forth almost constantly). So I got some clear plastic tube and made little sleeves for the cable at each of these points. The cable is now held securely but free to slide back and forth as the suspension moves. Works a treat although its going to wear out the cable outer now!

peterd
    Free Member

Thanks Sim and Jemima,

That is the option i have currently gone with but i am also wondering about wearing cables / guides out and hence thinking about alternatives?

tinsy
    Free Member

I have been very intrigued by the Blood since launch, but never got a chance to ride one, how you finding them? and what are your main styles of riding? Are they a byatch to ride up the mountain?

Brycey
    Free Member

I had the same uphill concerns about a Blood and swithered about just replacing my 5 with a newer one. In the end I took the plunge, and I'm glad I did, awesome bike! Not a chore on the ups (doesn't need two chainrings), and is a hoot everywhere else. I've been grinning like a loon since I got it.

jemima
    Free Member

I second Brycey. The bike is a total blast. A wee bit hard work on climbs but probably not much more so that a similarly equipped 5. The slack head angle just makes it really fun bike to ride and chuck around. I use it from all-day rides in the big hills (e.g. Carn Ban Mor) to trail centre stuff and rides in local woods. Have used it for 12 hour endurance race and it was a bit hard going but still good.

dgrider
    Free Member

I climbed up Walna Scar Rd on mine…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

can anyone with 160mm forks tell me what the BB height is please?

jemima
    Free Member

I'll measure it for you tonight. I'm running 170 mm cranks and pedal strikes are not a big problem (but maybe I don't pedal enough…)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange Blood 2010 – cable routing opinions’ is closed to new replies.