Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Orange Alpine / 224-Evo Bearing Replacement
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Anyone done it? Any tips before I get the hammer out?

No pinch bolts, I'm assuming you just drift the axle out (and take one bearing with it) then drift out the other bearing.

nickhart
    Free Member

be really careful. i did a 223 dd which is similar and the threads pulled out of the pinch bolts as they'd corroded. knackered the whole frame. new swing arm needed.
    i'm not sure if it's a thru axle on the 224 but on the 223 the axle was welded in place and you had to drift on bearing one way and the other the other way and then take the spacers out and slide it off a horrible job.
    good luck.

stevomcd
    Free Member

It's actually an Alpine I've got, but looks the same as the 224-Evo I think. No pinch bolts, and appears to be a through-axle.

ganic
    Free Member

I have an Alpine. It is a through axle. Take off end caps, replace allen bolt on one side and thred it in a few times, put long end of allen key in it and knock it all the way through.

I tend to take the rear brake, mech and wheel out, disconnect the shock and then knock the axle out. Then remove the swing arm fully. Then its easy to drift out the bearings and knock new ones in.

Then just put it back together.

30 mins max.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Thanks ganic, sounds just like I thought. Easy enough hopefully!

If it's a nightmare, I'm blaming you! 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Orange Alpine / 224-Evo Bearing Replacement’ is closed to new replies.