Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange Alpine 160 or Giant Reign X frames – which one?
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Choice beteewn the two frames. Which one to buy? – 09 models.
    Would be paired it up with Fox 36 Talas RC forks.

daim

Reign X. I only say this because I have an 09 frame and it makes an absolutely amazing bike. I use it for everything. It won’t build into the lightest bike but with sensible component choices it will go anywhere you need it to as long as you MTFU and just get on with it. Highly recommended.

wl
    Free Member

Alpine.

zangolin
    Free Member

Wl
    Any thoughts on the Alpine?

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a google for the 2010 Reign X first, looks like it’s going to lose a lot of weight.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d say the reign having test ridden one at cannock, went uphill (slowly), but realy came allive as soon as the gradient went beyond flat, soo much confidence!

Not tried the alpine, but suspect it may be similar and weigh a lot less, Dirt certainly liked it last month.

I’m sure i read somewhere that orange were working on a new patriot based on the new 225 design?

zangolin
    Free Member

Have a google for the 2010 Reign X first, looks like it’s going to lose a lot of weight.

Yes – saw that the other week – question is when are they available as a frameset + can I keep my money till then!

chakaping
    Free Member

You could always buy the full bike (probably for same price as Orange frame), strip the bits you don’t want are sell them new.

No idea when available, drop Giant UK a line maybe.

steviep
    Free Member

I bought an Alpine earlier this year and its fantastic. I was worried it may be overkill for the uk but having ridden it on both natural trails and trail centres all my doubts have disappeared. It climbs as steep inclines as I can manage on my race bike and point it downhill and all I can say is wow!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange Alpine 160 or Giant Reign X frames – which one?’ is closed to new replies.