Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Orange 5 Vs SC Heckler
  • Shepdon
    Free Member

Probably covered hundreds of times before on here but as above how do they compare, currently ride an 07 Orange 5 but thinking of buying a SC heckler frame and transferring all the parts over. Is it worth changing as both are single pivot so I am assuming they would both feel/ride very similar.
    Information much appreciated
    Thanks in advance

nmdbase
    Free Member

Uhoh, let the arguments begin……. just got a 2011 Heckler and I like it lots.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Had a 04 heckler, picked up a 09 DW 5 spot, no chain suck or brake jack now!
    Other opinions are available….

fenboy

chain suck on an elevated stay bike?
    i had an 03 heckler great bike but short in the top tube dept!

rs
    Free Member

Is it worth changing as both are single pivot so I am assuming they would both feel/ride very similar

I think you know the answer to this already.

igm

I test rode the two back to back on the same trails in 2005. The Orange was better (it just felt more part of me / I felt more part of it) even though Stif tried to tell me it wasn’t.

Is that still true? Don’t know – go and test ride them.

godzilla
    Free Member

I test rode an O5 and a heckler back to back, the heckler felt way plusher, the 5 felt numb and tinny.
    Both shocks where set up for me and both bikes where this years.

Bregante

Current Heckler is still one of my fave riding bikes ever. 5 felt duller than ditch water by comparison.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The only reason I’d buy a heckler is if I didn’t have a 5.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’ve owned both , and they are both excellent at giving you confidence and both ride great, the slacker geometry of the 5 is great down hill, and inspires good times, BB is lower on the 5 so it feels very stable, if the Heckler was 67 deg head angle with a taper head set it would be more of what I would like 😀 … Butcher seems to be the latest 150mm bike to replace Hecklers top dog position, loved my Heckler great fun,had Lyric coils and coil shock made it capable of hitting almost any thing.

roblane65
    Free Member

where are the pictures ?????????? 🙁

flow
    Free Member

Test rode a Five (AM) at Glentress a few weeks ago. Kind of felt like an extension of me from the off, no other bike I have ridden has felt like that. It feels like you sit in the bike rather than on it. It climbed well for the weight, and carried speed very well. Point it downhill and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Best bet is to test ride one though. My vertically challenged brother is too tall for the 16″, and to short for the 18″. He had to settle for second best and bought a 17″ Heckler which fits his short ass nicely.

Rickos
    Free Member

Not all single pivot bikes are created equal. I’ve had a prophet and a 5 and the suspension action on each is very different. So don’t assume they’ll feel the same.

luketracey

Given the amount of fives I catch and pass on my heckler every week the heckler must be better! 😉

Paul-B

Yeah, still can’t keep up with a Meta 5.5 though eh matey 😉

That must make the Meta 5.5 the best bike ever surely 😛

hillsplease

Had both, albeit older models. Still have the Heckler which is my favouritest bike yet after 14 yrs of fairly serious MTBing. You need to ride them back to back really. If you’re up Manc way and need an XL you can have a go on mine.

Rode the Heckler as 2nd bike on the Exposure 24 this weekend and even 10hrs in it was compelling me to jump off the little kickers. It’s the bike equivalent of the mate who gets you in trouble and makes you giggle at inopportune moments. Recommended.

carlphillips
    Free Member

morewood shova..?
    just picked one up off of here and it is a fantastic bike, feels better than my old heckler did….

£0.02

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 Vs SC Heckler’ is closed to new replies.