Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange 5 protection
  • timmyr
    Free Member

Guys what do those 5 owners out there recommend for protecting a new bike. Is copter tape worthwhile and what is the best one to get and key areas to apply? Swingarm seems much more oversized than on most bikes is this worth protecting too?

Anty advice appreciated new bike arrives in a few week 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

some folk get heel rub on swing arm but mine has a few stickers to stop cable rub. Nothing on swing arm as you wont get chain slap

Moonhead
    Free Member

Well I have put some of these on the cables

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10730

They work well but I have used electrical tape to keep them from slipping.

Where the cables run down under the rear shock I have put a small strip of electrical take on the frame. I found that the cables were rubbing at this point. I didn’t expect that so the frame has a little bit of rub.

Swing arm, inner tube held on by zip ties. Although you can use an over size neoprene thing. Defo worth protecting.

Bottom tube…I just have a crud catcher thing but to stop it rubbing I have put self adhesive foam on the crud catcher. They seem to be working well and the frame still looks good. I haven’t bothered with copter tape.

I have also used electrical take to protect the parts of the forks where the front brake might rub.

Hope you enjoy your new bike!!

timmyr
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys !

AJames
    Free Member

I quite like mine looking like it’s done some miles.

ivantate
    Free Member

I like the slight aged look on mine too. Tape under the cables but thats it.

Good choice!

coatesy
    Free Member

Section of motorbike innertube zip-tied to the downtube to form a mudflap that overlaps the swingarm bearings, also fitted one around the back of the seat tube to cover the front mech pivots.Neoprene swingarm guard split in two, one piece on each arm to prevent heel rub.

falkirk-mark

I have used self amalgamating tape on my sons chainstays (dirt jumper and kona stinky but I haven’t tried it on my bike yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 protection’ is closed to new replies.