Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Orange 5 Pro
  • beerbelly
    Free Member

Thinking of getting an orange 5 pro currently have a nomad which is too much & too heavy for all day rides what are folks on here thoughts on them want it for welsh trail centres & also rides in peaks but also local woodland singletrack ??

jimw
    Free Member

I like mine, good all rounder. Other people don't get on with them at all- I'd suggest an extended test ride if you can get one. They do weigh about 29lbs so not the lightest FS bike

stevede
    Free Member

As a five owner i can definately recommend one, mine was perfect for afan last weekend. Not everyone loves them though and if your coming off a vpp frame i'd definately recommend a test ride before you make your mind up.

soulrider
    Free Member

Another 5 owner..
    big thumbs up.. you can ride all day… everyday on it..

and it rags downhills as well.

RS4KEV

+1 for getting a decent demo. Brother had one on demo recently and we were swapping bikes to compare. Orange felt "dead" compared to meta 5.

elaineanne
    Free Member

another big vote for me too ! best bike ever… and im a teenie tiny orange five rider… 14 inch frame..lol 😆 its a great all rounder ! trail centres, peaks, woodlands, fells, anything you throw at the five its makes you wanna dance ! 8) im more than happy with mine…

joeegg
    Free Member

I echo what RS4KEV says.
    I bought one without a test ride,believing all the hype,and i hated it.
    Used it for over a year thinking it would all come right,but i got more and more disenchanted with it.Wooden would sum it up.It had a high spec build so nothing wrong with the parts,but i could not get on with the geometry.
    Bought a Reign and loved riding again.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

+2 RS4KEV

Friend had one for a weekend demo and loved it, I had a good go on it and couldn't get on with it. We still argue/discuss it now. Deffinatly a ride before buy bike.

roblane65
    Free Member

I went for the meta 5 good all day bike can't fault it.

coogan
    Free Member

Only 5 worth getting is a 5 Spot.

Andy-W
    Free Member

Go and get a demo bike for the weekend and ride it as much as poss,,then you will know if you want it or not, only you will know what feels good for the way you ride

I got a demo Five and spent the weekend in the peaks,, then got myself a Orange Five 🙂

Enjoy !!

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i love my five. snapped a meta after two weeks. five spot dosent look bad mind.

ride as many as you can.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Tried the 2011 demo 5 for 2 days, did a decent 18 mile loop round Nidderdale which included everything I'm ever gonna ride, then a quicker scoot on the North York Moors the next day. Ordered one when I dropped it back off at Bike Scene in Guisborough. Two weeks & counting!!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

or be like me and demo the new 5 and the AM and the alpine and see which suits you best 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol i thort you'd be along soon chris ! 8)
    orange make incredible strong bikes….. ive heard a few meta 5's being cracked ! orange use aerospace alluminium..strong as ….

this is how its done …

Mounty_73

beerbelly – is that Neil ?

Mounty_73

Good to see you today around the Wyre, drop us a message if you in the area again…

Sunday's usually 10.30 and Weds 7.30pm in the pub car park.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Yes good to see you again paul will be in touch next time im heading over the wyre hope the hand heals ok

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 Pro’ is closed to new replies.