Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange 5 main pivot bearings – how long do they last….typically…..
  • iainc

it’s just that mine have been in since new and bike is just about 3 yrs old. I took the shock off there and they still seem smooth and no play. I do only ride it once a week or maybe a little less on average, as often on the other bike, but mighty impressed. Wonder if I should change the bearings anyway when shock and fork off for a service in a few weeks ??

j_me
    Free Member

At £15 quid a pair, I’d be tempted to change them. Its quick and easy.

iainc

aye, kinda thinking that, cheers

carbon337
    Free Member

Mine lasted 13 months but then everything on my bike has only lasted 13 month.

brooess
    Free Member

Mine have lasted for 5 years and still ok. But that was when I lived down South (less rain and rocks) and it’s not the only bike I ride.

iainc

5 yrs – that beats my 3 !!!

scuttler

Had my shock off for a service recently and after 2.75 years there’s zero play in the pivot bearings. I’m about 11 stone and give it a reasonable amount of hammer around the northern peaks riding about once a week.

iainc

scuttler – interesting – mine is about the same age – June 08, and gets ridden a bit less than yours, albeit I weigh 12.5. Might pop in new ones when shock getting done – won’t do any harm I guess !

Nick

It they are still smooth why change them?

Jeffus
    Free Member

18 months mine lasted bike is ridden 3-4 times a week, 15 stone in my gear.
    I think it was the cap coming loose on mine on the drive side let the water and dirt in , other side was rusty, drive side had collapsed.
    New ones from my LBS where £7 for a pair.

scuttler

If you do change them check this out – http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/orange-five-pivot-bearing-service.htm

Just to add, after 2.75 years there was some play in the shock bushings but the service replaced those (TFTuned) so a nice tight rear again missus.

iainc

ok, going to replace them anyway – bearings on order !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 main pivot bearings – how long do they last….typically…..’ is closed to new replies.