Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange 5 etc owners- A new outer throught swingarm (old outer still in)-tips
  • hora
    Free Member

Turns out the master mechanic hora hasnt made his outer long enough and the metal fibres at each end had been stretching(?) and thus fowled up all my gears on a ride. The old outer is still in however how do I feel through the new outer? Is there a tried and tested way- sellotaping the two outers together wont work will it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Thread the old inner through the in place old outer then remove the outer leaving the inner in place through the swingarm. Then thread the new outer over the old inner and use the inner to guide the outer through the swingarm.

Edit: Obviously you feed the new outer in from the grommet end, exiting at the mech end.

stof41
    Free Member

use a straightened out coat hanger. makes it a doddle

seanoc
    Free Member

Tape an old bit of inner to the outer that's in the frame, pull out the outer. The outer will pull the inner along with it.

Tape the new outer to the inner that's in the frame and pull; careful not to foul the tape on the aperture of the frame.

It's like tying your shoe lace but not quite as complicated.

hora
    Free Member

Hello (waves) hang on..

hora
    Free Member

Perfect. Thanks guys. I went the wrong way mind- up from the rear mech and through the existing cable ties as well 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 etc owners- A new outer throught swingarm (old outer still in)-tips’ is closed to new replies.