Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Orange 5 + CTD: which air spring volume spacer?
  • specializedneeds

Hi, I’m 90kg kitted up and I’m going through the travel far too easily even at ~20% sag on an Orange 5 with CTD. Very time poor, so keen to shortcut on experimenting with volume reducer sizes, if I can. What are your experiences? Thanks.

LoCo
    Free Member

Medium one to start with 😉

specializedneeds

Which row applies? For a poverty CTD (without Kashima).

LoCo
    Free Member

Which can does it have an XV1?

specializedneeds

No idea; how to I tell / find out? I bought the shock as ex-demo from local Orange agent (Australia) to replace the Manitou (2005 frame).

Stickers say:
    ID CC7L
    Compression tune M
    Climb tune M

LoCo
    Free Member

The xv1 can has an extra sleeve on the outside of the main sleeve, Fox ought to have put a picture in that doc. of each type of can really.

Can you post a picture of your shock?

specializedneeds

No extra sleeve, so guess not XV1
    Have to sort a pic in the morning.

LoCo
    Free Member

If an SV can you can only use the smallest spacer.

LoCo
    Free Member

LV (large eyelet) so can use 1,2,3 or 4 spacers, would go for the no.2 (second smallest) to start with then go up or down a size as necessary. 😀

specializedneeds

Great thanks. I’ll jump on your site in the morning and get ordering.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Have you checked if it already has one fitted? I have a CTD shock on my Bandit and was blowing through the travel too easily. I bought a reducer kit and when I came to fit it I discovered the shock already had the second from biggest reducer already fitted. I think mine was an LV shock too. I don’t want to do LoCo out of a sale, but it’d be a shame to spend £30 odd quid on a few plastic spacers that you might not be able to use.

daveh
    Free Member

What did you do about your Bandit Stilltortoise?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I still had one more spacer to fit since according to Fox my shock can take any one of the 5 spacers. Since fitting the largest spacer it doesn’t blow through the travel as much but nor does it dramatically change the suspension action for the worse. It’s not a massive difference but it gives me more confidence in the travel holding up on big (for me!) hits.

daveh
    Free Member

Thanks for that. That’s exactly what I did but I’m still thinking of a compression tune.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 + CTD: which air spring volume spacer?’ is closed to new replies.