Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Orange 5 colours
  • MaryHinge
    Free Member

I don't have lockout or travel adjust on any of my forks. Either never bother to use it, or forget to unwind/unlock at the top of a descent.

The less to go wrong and the less to have to fiddle with the better as far as I'm concerned.

And as for posting pics – you need to upload your pics to an online picture gallery like flickr, and then link to the pic using the IMG button when posting.

I think I found the instructions in the forum help section.

elaineanne
    Free Member

here is my bike in apple green
    out on the fells Todmorden.

elaineanne
    Free Member

and at the highest beach in Todmorden…!

'orange five'- Diva pro.....

glad i chose this colour, it does stand out….

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Ta for the images of the Apple Green, wow, I can see why you like it – Looks miles better on the bike than the colour sample tube (hmm…now how would that look with white forks…? argh, damn these white forks – knew I should have gone for black) Very dinky looking bike BTW, makes my current bike look like a gate 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

well its only a 14 inch frame cos im a tiny person that rides it… im 4ft 11 inches small so no point in sticking me on a 15 or 16 inch frame… my legs wud never touch the floor or the pedals come to that ! lol… nope my bike has to be tiny just for me ! my hardtail bike is only 13 inch frame ! very dificult to get bikes for small people…but 'orange' came up trumps and so i fell in love with it….
    it was either 'orange five' or Titus motolite ( the titus wud have been prob twice the money.. but apparently is supposed to be even lighter than the orange bike in weight…. but im happy with my bike and thats the main thing..

fattatlasses
    Free Member

p.s. re:fork lockout – have got 2009 Fox RLC's on my (er..ouch, sorry now my wifes) Five. I only used the lockout 2 or 3 times before I gave up with it – problem I found was that when turning the lockout on and off, it altered the settings for compression and rebound, because these are all on the top of the same fork leg. It works OK if everything is super clean, but as soon as a bit of mud or grit gets on the dials, they start clogging and turn together when using the lockout lever. They might have changed the design of the lever for 2010(?), but personally, I find it more trouble than its worth on my forks.

As far as travel adjust goes, I've had same experience as Mary Hinge. Although I can recommend the DT XMC130's – 'cos thier travel adjust 'lock-down' has an automatic blow-off control, in case you forget to re-extend the fork before a descent – works really well (just a shame I've no longer got a bike that they'll fit 😥 )

fattatlasses
    Free Member

well its only a 14 inch frame cos im a tiny person that rides it… im 4ft 11 inches small so no point in sticking me on a 15 or 16 inch frame… my legs wud never touch the floor or the pedals come to that ! lol… nope my bike has to be tiny just for me ! my hardtail bike is only 13 inch frame !

Cool – well y'know what they say, the best things come in small packages 😉 (tho big cardboard boxes with new bike frames in are also quite nice 😀 )

mah05
    Free Member

i have white forks on an apple green. will get a pic tomorrow

elaineanne
    Free Member

eye yep i wud like to see what that looks like mah05 !

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 colours’ is closed to new replies.