Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Orange 5 colours
  • MaryHinge
    Free Member

I have a Candy Apple Green one. Gorgeous colour.

What size are you after?

I am looking at selling my 2009 as new barely ridden (due to injury/surgery) XL sized frame.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

What size are you after?

I'm after an 18" ('large' I think)

p.s. get well soon!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Cheers.

Mine's a 20" (ooer missis).

Rollo
    Free Member

Super Cosmic Turf!

TheGingerOne

Have to say I'm happy with my standard colour – thought it was better to spend the £100 on the Maxle.

Also meant my inner tube frame protector did not stick out like a sore thumb.

Fuz
    Free Member

Neon Green, can't post picture but it is in my profile pic! Like the orange it actually glows in the dusk or dawn!

haddock
    Free Member

I've just read back through this thread and British Racing Green!!! What a great idea! Orange Bikes if you read this thread 💡 As I'd love one the colour of that Bentley 🙂

jackthedog
    Free Member

Blower Five – it's got to be the way forward 🙂

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Apple Green here, but a British Racing Green……nice.
    Begs a question of whether to get one of each, or just respray my apple green one.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Or do a half and half colourway, like Trek did on their team DH bikes a while ago. One side was white, the other blue, IIRC. Caused some confusion among the race marshals from what I read, as you end up with a different colour bike depening what side you ride past people.

Orange's folded ally construction would lend itself very well to this actually. As long as you remember to paint the opposite inside faces of the swingarm appropriately.

In fact if they offered it as a (no doubt rather high) cost option I'm sure some folk would take it up.

SammyC
    Free Member

Admittedly its not a Five (but tis a proper bike ;)):

Brass Monkey.

Hides the dirt quite well too, see if you can spot the difference?

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Hey 'TheGingerOne', ta for posting the piccie of your bike, as it's exactly the the same spec as mine will have (stripping bits off current bike to do Five build). Cosmic grey is one of the colours I was thinking of, 'cos as you say, the £100 saving on std colour can be well spent elsewhere.

Have to say though, I'm also well tempted by some of the non-standard colours.

p.s.

Apple Green here, but a British Racing Green……nice.
    Begs a question of whether to get one of each

yup, I can see where you're coming from. Can you imagine winning the lottery and having one of every colour 8)

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Or do a half and half colourway, like Trek did on their team DH bikes a while ago. One side was white, the other blue, IIRC. Caused some confusion among the race marshals from what I read, as you end up with a different colour bike depening what side you ride past people.

Orange's folded ally construction would lend itself very well to this actually. As long as you remember to paint the opposite inside faces of the swingarm appropriately.
    Absolute classic! You could have a right laugh with this and a 50:50 costume – hmmm….that gives me an idea for this years Wharncliffe Weekender fancy dress ride.

GaryLake
    Free Member

My LBS have the new Electric blue on an Alpine 160 and it does look the business!

TimP
    Free Member

spot the difference

the saddle is lower in the second pic?
    4 chairs in the second pic?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Absolute classic! You could have a right laugh with this and a 50:50 costume – hmmm….that gives me an idea for this years Wharncliffe Weekender fancy dress ride.

Good call, I'll look out for Twoface from Batman.

That reminds me of my favourite from last year – the geezer who dressed up as Steve Peat and used hand-coloured cardboard to disguise his M3 as Peaty's V10. Class.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Tim ::::the bike is filthy in the 2nd pic and also a green triffid has appeared.. maybe it spewed up all over the bike…ohhh lol

is that a brain on that shock ?

SammyC
    Free Member

Nope, not a brain, just the normal Van R piggy back.

Kit
    Free Member

I think this is as close to BRG as Orange have got so far:

fattatlasses
    Free Member

That reminds me of my favourite from last year – the geezer who dressed up as Steve Peat and used hand-coloured cardboard to disguise his M3 as Peaty's V10. Class.

😆 Brilliant! One of my fave photos on the website is 'Shaun the Sheep' negotiating the singletrack through the trees – the boggle eyes just crack me up.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

has anyone got photos of their 'apple green' or 'kermit green' bikes that they don't mind posting?

p.s. saw a 'standard' orange frame in the shop today and it looked like it'd got a metallic flake in it – can anyone confirm if the standard orange is metallic – 'cos it looked very nice.

grantway
    Free Member

I have a Apple Green Bang on colour mate 😉
    e mail me and il send a pic
    grantway01@hotmail.com

Everlong
    Free Member

I recently got my 5 year old Five refinished back at Orange H.Q. and it looks fantastic! I actually walked past it in the shop when I went to pick it up!

It looks better in the flesh!

carbon337
    Free Member

Everlong is that a skull and crosbones sticker? Where did you get it if it is?

looks cool – white is best 😉

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I recently got my 5 year old Five refinished back at Orange H.Q. and it looks fantastic!

Wow, very nice – like the little touches of red aswell.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

fattatlasses – Member
    has anyone got photos of their 'apple green' or 'kermit green' bikes that they don't mind posting?

I'll put one up tomorrow.

Everlong
    Free Member

carbon337 wrote:

Everlong is that a skull and crosbones sticker? Where did you get it if it is?

looks cool – white is best

Hehe, thanks very much!

It was a design I drew up myself, got a friend to refine it on photoshop and another friend to print it onto laminate paper. We put helicopter tape over for protection/ water proofing etc. I'm really really pleased with it. The forks (Rockshox Revelations) and the rear shock (Fox Float RP23) are all new on too!

Everlong
    Free Member

Mary Hinge wrote:

Wow, very nice – like the little touches of red aswell.

Thanks very much. I didn't intend on having it as part of the colour scheme but when all the parts turned up for the rebuild it kinda just worked out. My mate has lent me the Hope seat clamp to add to the red 'bling'! hehe 😀

1981miked
    Free Member

Got to be Chrome grey, check the link for my bike, http://www.moredirt.co.uk/ratebike.php?id=16379

I went for the full Hope pack in blue with gunsmoke hubs, bike looks and rides superb. I was sorely tempted ny the apple green but was worried that i may tire of it in 6 months or so….seeing one in the flesh i definately would not. Maybe get mine done that colour next, for now though the chrome grey looks amazing.

What a bike aswell, never ridden so quickly, i ride a Cove handjob aswell and that always make me ride faster and reignites the flame if i feel im getting lazy, i never thought id love riding a bike as much as i do the Cove but the 5 runs it damned close…

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies – still haven't made final decision on colour 🙄 Don't know if anyone has seen the 2010 Orange brochure, but there's a gorgeous Chrome Grey SE in there. I know I'm being a complete anorak, but I really like the look of white outline stickers they've used on the SE in the brochure (really go with my new white forks 🙂 )

Think I'll have to drop orange a line and see if the frame only in Chrome Grey comes with those 'outline' stickers.

p.s. also like the colour of the ST4 on facing page of brochure (gonna see if I can find the colour on O's website)

fattatlasses
    Free Member

The ST4 SE featured in the brochure is in 'Pearl Black' – has anyone got a Five in this colour?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

My Orange 5 in Candy Apple Green. Part stripped for a winter deep clean.

Could be tempted to sell the frame, as I won't be riding for a while due to surgery. 2009 20".

MadBillMcMad

tip – go for a biketreks demo and get a free paint upgrade.

here's mine currently doing the rounds on the ed Oxley/Pagey w/e at gisburn.

haddock
    Free Member

Kit – I like that! What model frame is it? this BRG thing is probably something to do with a BRG kettler go cart I had as a kid. 😳

genesis
    Free Member

Apple Green looks awesome, though for longevity the Chrome Grey.

Everlong
    Free Member

Ah man! I can't believe how amazing the polished finish looks!! That is SOOOOOOO cool!!!

iainc

iainc

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Slightly better pic of my Candy Apple Green 5.

Okay, so my pics always come up a bit small. Tips on making 'em bigger?

elaineanne
    Free Member

im not sure how to post pics on ere… cos i too have the apple green …
    you get alot more people looking at your bike when out and about !
    the only thing i dislike alittle is the front forks…how come they dont have 'lock out'… a little annoying sometimes.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 colours’ is closed to new replies.