Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Orange 5
  • stuntcoxy
    Free Member

Hey guys I’m thinking of selling my Orange 5 frame and was wondering what people think it might be worth.
    Its a 2014 Orange 5 with Kashima CTD rear shock. Moto-taped frame so in good condition.
    Thinking about changing it, this is not an advert to sell it just want peoples thoughts.
    Thanks Nick

http://postimg.org/image/z3zvnneyd/

cruzcampo
    Free Member

£1200 circa?

ska-49
    Free Member

Frame only; £800-1000.

rickon
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Why you selling it?

roverpig

£800 if it’s 650B, £600 if it’s 26, seems to be about the going rate. Maybe a bit more if you can fund somebody who really likes the colour.

andycs

If it’s 26 and size 18, I might be interested.

stuntcoxy
    Free Member

Hey Andy yeah it’s 18inch and 26 inch wheel.
    I’d have to get £1000 for it to convince me to sell.
    Cheers Nick

greenbikerider
    Free Member

The Orange 5 – one of the greatest MTB’s of all time??

I can’t imagine anyone would want to sell one! Off road geometry is perfect!

GBR.

stuntcoxy
    Free Member

GBR – you’re totally right and low to zero maintenance, I just fancy a change/try something else for a bit.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hey Andy yeah it’s 18inch and 26 inch wheel.
    I’d have to get £1000 for it to convince me to sell.
    Cheers Nick

good luck with that.

chris85
    Free Member

£750 tops, but good luck if you can get 1k
    Unfortunately most people are wanting a 650 now, and this has knocked the price right down for selling 26…I struggled selling mine

stuntcoxy
    Free Member

Too high? Like I said I’m just trying to see how much its worth, two people in the discussion said around £1000.

stuntcoxy
    Free Member

Cool thanks Chris for the heads up, yeah you’re right about the 650B effect, funny thing is I’m going to stick to 26 for my new bike. I own too many wheelsets and tyres to turn my back on ‘old school’ 26.

ska-49
    Free Member

My guesstimate was based on it being 650b.
    I thought that 2013 was the last year for 26″ wheels on the Five?

stuntcoxy
    Free Member

Ska-49 yeah I bought it over the Christmas new year period so I guess it just about made it as 2014 although would have been built in 2013 to be fair. Ah ok yeah its 26inch so maybe £1000 is too high then.

bubs

I picked up a mint condition, custom colour, Kashima shock, maxle etc Five, a year older than yours, for £595 last month and so I think £750-800 should get some interest.

nwill1
    Free Member

I love my 2011 Five (same as 2013) and have no plans to shift it on any time soon but always keep a keen eye on prices, I have noticed a big drop in used prices. I’ve seen complete bikes with nice builds (not quite like yours with those super pimp wheels) sell on eBay for £1200-£1400, some including Reverbs, Hope Hoops & brakes!

Given this I think anything over £700/£800 would be hard to achieve. Might be wrong.

If you like it but want improvement try a CCDB there’s a weight penalty but transforms the bike IMO.

chestrockwell

As mentioned, it’s not a 2014 it’s a 2011/12/13 frame. Also as mentioned 26″ frames have taken a hammering price wise. If it’s almost mint then you might be lucky at £800, any less then mint I’d expect £600-700 at best.

rotten
    Free Member

Oh dear, I’ve got a 18″/16″ Strange evo 5 coming up for sale, full XTR, Hope Renthal etc build, was hoping for around £1500.

chestrockwell

Strange Evo 5? It’ll all depend on condition and age but with the build kit suggested I’d expect £1500 is easily achievable if it’s not too old.

nwill1
    Free Member

Yeah full XTR/Hope/Renthal should get £1500 dependant on condition. Strange bikes can be quite sort after too if it’s a good un!

roverpig

I’ve got the same frame as the OP. OK, mine is 20″ and Neon Orange, but it’s the same era (2013) with Kashima CTD rear shock, Maxle rear etc. I’ve occasionally toyed with selling it as I really don’t need anything that capable for the sort of gentle trails I prefer. I’d be amazed if I got more than £700 for it though, despite it being in excellent nick.

Mind you, the main reason I haven’t sold it isn’t the financial hit. I got a decent discount as (like the OP) I bought it after the 650B version was released. The main “problem” is that, while it may not be ideal on paper, I’ve yet to find another bike I enjoy riding as much.

andycs

Mine is 09 and I don’t ride it that often, but it puts a right smile on my face when I do. Would be good to have one with a maxle rear and a tapered steered though.

stuntcoxy
    Free Member

Andycs – not even sure I’m going to sell it but if your interested fire me an email at stuntcoxy@gmail.com.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.