Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange 29 and hope pro hub help and possibly wtd
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hi so my SO has a orange alpine 29 with a 135 x 12 maxle, rear hub is a hope pro 2.

The rear wheel moves all over the place…..so checked the space on swing arm and the distance measures 142mm…..rear hub is a 135 x 12 mm thru axle ( fiited by a shop).

So I will need a 142 space adapter….correct?

But the maxle is 135 diameter……

Can I get end caps for the older hope pro 2 to convert to 142mm ?

Will I need a new axel kit?

Thanks

RAFDH
    Free Member

It is a 142×12 on the Orange Alpine 29. The hubs can be converted with the correct end caps, you just need to make sure that you have the correct size Maxle. The shop should have known this.

vondally
    Free Member

I would have hope so….it is a pro 2 oldeer version not a evo, so this may have caused confusion….

So will I need a new maxle as well??

RAFDH
    Free Member

Yes, it requires a 142mm axle. The original one that was on the frame should be the right size. Where did the 135mm Maxle come from?

woodster

135mm Maxle and 142mm Maxle are the same length, the extra width comes from the slots to position the wheel in the drop-outs. You just need some 142 adapters fir the hub and you’re good to go.

Olly
    Free Member

rear hub is a 135 x 12 mm thru axle ( fiited by a shop).

A shop fitted a 135mm hub and let it leave the shop with 7mm of slop in the back end?

RAFDH
    Free Member

Woodster

A 135×12 Maxle is 167mm in length a 142×12 Maxle is 174mm in length.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange 29 and hope pro hub help and possibly wtd’ is closed to new replies.