• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mush.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Opinions please – what waterproof shorts?
  • dazzlingboy

Always poo pooed these, preferring to rely on a crud catcher, but after a wet few days last week am tempted to try them out. Only ones I know of are the Endura superlites – any other suggestions?? ❓

Ta.

crazy-legs

I got a pair of Endura MT500’s recently. They’re more splashproof than waterproof but they’re also pretty heavyweight and therefore warm. I hate having a wet arse and so far these have been very good.

woody2000

Altura Attacks have been good for me, only slight gripe is that they’re a bit “swishy” when pedalling.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have killed Altura Attacks and Endura Venturi (1 and 2).

Always seem to come apart on bum seam. Currently trying Madison Tempests but not boding well so far.

carlphillips
    Free Member

altura attacks here, although mine are biffer sized xl and fall down all the time, good shorts though…

gee
    Free Member

Got a set of Gore Alp-X which have been excellent .

GB

pedalhead
    Free Member

Are any of these really actually waterproof? I’ve got some Endura Superlites and they are most certainly not.

Sionwms
    Free Member

I’ve just bout sone army issue DPM gore-tex trousers from my local army surplus store,I will cut them into shorts and wear over my other shorts. Dead cheap as well only cost me 10.
    Have a search on eBay

Northwind

Altura Attacks as well- totally waterproof, durable (I’ve crashed the **** out of mine and they have one tiny tear to show for it), not as hot as I’d expected either though still, obviously, hotter than lightweight vented ones. Not too expensive either. Only drawback is the noise, fast seated pedalling makes a noise like a paddle steamer.

gusamc
    Free Member

altura attacks, ok for me, to be fair only used thrice but that was Scotland in May and it was like the bleedin monsoon season – dry every time. Mind do fall a bit but probably preferable to bum seam split….

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I find that the shorts themselves might be waterproof, but the stuff always ends up getting up your legs to your shorts.

I like the MT500s, they keep the worst off your arse but dont feel like you’re wearing a plastic bag. Certainly not waterproof mind.

boxfish
    Free Member

Scott Helium Paclite are pretty good but expensive.

tonyd

Gore Alp-X here too. Expensive but comfy, waterproof, and so far wearing well.

Mush
    Free Member

Altura Attacks for me. Only gripe is with the sizing – my medium pair are massive.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Opinions please – what waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.