Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Opinions on Nuke Proof Generator Hubs.
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Need a new set of wheels but on a budget and have been offered a pair custom built for £140.

Nuke Proof Generator hubs with a good selection of rims and spokes.

Are the hubs any good for XC/trail riding?

swindonjay
    Free Member

i had a set of these on mavic ex721 rims and they were great.

defo recommend…

better than my mates pro2's even he thought so.

only thing i never really checked was how available were the spares for them.

swindonjay
    Free Member

nice one brant, i never said there wasnt any or you couldnt get them but just never looked. but good to know there is as i will defo get another set

jamie

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

shameless self promotion! can you make me a singlespeed hub please?

TheSwede
    Free Member

I will say that the OE bearings don't last long and I have had to replace the free hub and pawls but I did buy mine second hand so have no idea how much work they have done although mint when purchased.

ahwiles
    Free Member

very good.

the rear hub isn't as loud/clicky as a hope pro II, it's the same weight (300gramsish), has been totally reliable for 2 years, and was cheaper than the Hope.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Will buy a set then!
    Cheers

steve-t
    Free Member

I'd budget for new bearings though sharpish if they're anything like mine. The ones in the rear hub lasted 6 month (from brand new) Hotlines sorted me a replacement set at half price, but they've only lasted the same time.

whytetrash

Got a front one and like it lots…very smooth, pretty light and still ok bearings wise 6months in….not as cool as my old Ti axelled, carbon screw on rear original one though 😀

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

front is great, no complaints here.

rear is fine too. however, after an extended period of un-use it seized up. thought i needed new bearings, which ended up being £33 for the set – would have been a lot cheaper, but ONE of the 5 rear bearings is an odd size non of the bearing suppliers i asked could get. arse.

in the end, it turned out that the axle just needed loosening a bit.
    my rear sounds a bit rough at the mo, i could probably do with changing the bearings anyway…

ds3000
    Free Member

Front is still perfect after 2 years, rear needed new bearings after 4 months

harryparabolics
    Free Member

I've had a pair of generator hubs for a couple of years now – bearings front and rear still pretty good.

But rear will need replacing soon – anyone know of some instructions on-line for servicing them?

st

I bought a set after Christmas and the freehub was making worrying noises before the end of January. So far it's slipped properly once and makes those worrying crunching noises frequently but I haven't had chance to get back to the shop with it.

It hasn't failed mind you.

Hopefully be easily sorted with a new freehub body.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

harryparabolics,

i took it all apart – was easy enough, just need some allen keys, however, i was unable to remove the bearings… someone said on a previous thread in which i asked, that circlips are used in the hubs, but it wasn't obvious to me.

all my searching online has been fruitless for instructions though.
    i imagine they are the same as other hubs, just branded different – may be a case of finding the same design hub and using their instructions, but no idea which hubs to look for.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on Nuke Proof Generator Hubs.’ is closed to new replies.