Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Opinions – Giro Hex helmet
  • geoffj

Yes I know it should be the one that fits best, but does anyone have one of these?

Good points, bad points etc?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

great helmet – cheap, good retention system, tough, light, fits my lumphead very well. i'll be buying a new one in the coming months.

cynic-al
    Free Member

On my 2nd, but that's cos it fits my long/narrow bons, and is cheap/good value.

Hohum
    Free Member

Fits my big head pretty well and I have been very happy with it so far.

Frizzer
    Free Member

I've had mine a while and I'd happily buy another.

warpcow
    Free Member

My head is more melon shaped, but it fits me fine too. Other than that, agree with what everyone else said. You can usually find really good prices on them too if you hunt around a bit. Would definitely buy another.

rootes1

good value and fits my head nice – also Giro Saros (no peak) and Athlon with peak has the same sort of shape as the hex

mttm
    Free Member

Great helmet, especially for the price. Visor is a bit of an afterthought (too small to be effective), but the retention system, coverage and venting are all spot on for the intended use.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

plus you can get them for £40 on ebay!

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

Had two that have cracked, presumably from very minor drops – although I'm pretty sure the first one cracked when I pressed the visor with my hand to adjust the angle on my head. Won't have a third. Consider this the balancing opinion!

But the fit is good!

plumber
    Free Member

I like mine

retro83
    Free Member

Good fit, easy to adjust. Seems not as well ventilated as some i've tried tho.

foxyrider
    Free Member

mate had the hex and busted it on an off – now has a Zen and seems more comfy and sl more vented but paddign thicker so accumulates sweat a bit more. His old pads fell apart mind you on his Hex. Good helmet for the price though I think.

_tom_
    Free Member

Very comfy and look good. I like mine!

LeeW

The only thing I don't like about mine is that the foam padding is in two portions at the front of the helmet, there's a gap between them of around 10mm which in the summer allows sweat to pour down – I am a sweat monster though so if you're normal person you'll be ok.

My only gripe on a great fitting lid.

Pook

i look like this in one

but then I have a 'Met' shaped head apparently. Try before you buy is my motto.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

LOL @ Pook. I'm the same.

Got mine cos it was the best fit having tried lots of others, but tried on a Met recently and it was a good fit as well. I guess if you have a Hex head you have a Met head.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

I like mine, comfy and fits well but main reason I bought it was because it has a larger size shell in the XL size than most others (which use the same size shell for a wider range of fits). So if your a big heed like me it doesn't look like a peanut perched on top of your ed 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Opinions – Giro Hex helmet’ is closed to new replies.