Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Operation Stack and the Channel Tunnel
  • ski99

That makes much more sense, it looked incredibly dangerous trying to join through the stationary trucks. No Police or Traffic peeps anywhere to be seen.

djglover
    Free Member

We came over to France last Tuesday and there were no delays, despite there being a whole load of ‘migrant activity’ on the other side. There were several ”00 guys being chased by the police onto a motorway at standstill. The wife was a bit nervous and it was a bit like being in a zombie film. We will be going back on Saturday but with plenty of food and water on board but the operator hasn’t been reporting severe delays for cars even over the last few days.

milky1980
    Free Member

Good point on fuel and the weak euro, will check prices on Friday night.

The situation is so fluid at the moment I’ll just keep an eye on this thread and the Eurotunnel Twitter feed until I leave, the rest of my group will have been through by then too so I should have up to date info hopefully!

djglover
    Free Member

Diesel is about 85p a litre at the moment, got from calais to dordogne for about 40 quid!

onehundredthidiot

Well that was unpleasant France was a breeze but 2.5hrs to travel less than 20miles uk side was a ‘mare. Ironically we saw ni queues or problems in France. Met a good old fashioned darn sarf racist on our last night mrs actually used the term “boils my piss” about him.

sl2000

No problems for us getting to folkestone this morning – clapham to getting our departure hanger was 2h20m leaving at 7.30 – with no queues at all for operation stack. Expecting an 11.30 train so 1 hour delay.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Operation Stack and the Channel Tunnel’ is closed to new replies.