Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Operation Chastise
  • JulianA
    Free Member

So, 68 years ago, it was about time to go.

I cannot imagine what it would have been like to be a part of it, or any other operation involving any of the services in WWII or any other war, but I’m very grateful indeed to all the people who did.

My in-laws remember the raid and its effect on WWII morale in this country, as apparently it was the first positive thing that had happened for the allies in four years of war.

If you have negative things to say about this raid, any other raid or war in general, and there are many things that could be said on the subject, please don’t air them here – just start another thread: this thread’s about a particular raid and a particular bunch of people whom I admire for what they were prepared to do and for what they achieved in the face of unbelievable odds.

I also have the privilege of knowing a PR pilot (Spitfires and Mosquitos), and, having watched last night’s programme about PR and Peenemunde et al, I think that their story should be better known, as should all war stories: in order that we might not go there again – some hope, I guess…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

what raid?

Oh,Dambusters.

JulianA
    Free Member

what raid?

Oh,Dambusters.

Is that it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Per ardua ad astra.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, you said

If you have negative things to say about this raid, any other raid or war in general, and there are many things that could be said on the subject, please don’t air them here

sweepy
    Free Member

Per ardua ad astra.

Thats the motto of my local boozer

JulianA
    Free Member

Well, you said

If you have negative things to say about this raid, any other raid or war in general, and there are many things that could be said on the subject, please don’t air them here

Well, thank you for not doing so, then.

I think that it is worth noting – thanks also, CFH: I thought you might pitch up…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Operation Chastise’ is closed to new replies.