Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ooooops – Uppy Downy Seat Post Content…
  • jambon
    Free Member

My Maverick Speedball Seat Post (same as Crank Brothers Joplin) wasn’t working too well so I decided to investigate. Wish I hadn’t. High pressure suspension oil now all over the living room walls, ceiling, carpet, dog, well everywhere really except in the seat post. Oooops.

Any advice on getting said seatpost working again? And room cleaned….

fbk
    Free Member

🙂 Oops! 🙂

Nothing helpful to say really but that sounds like the sort of thing I’d do! Latest one was dropping the oil contents of my forks on some pretty new shoes – now one’s a very different colour to the other 😳

Hope it turns out ok.

showerman
    Free Member

drop maverick an email and they can supply the service details to get it working again (no changable parts with joplin as they are not the same)

lipseal
    Free Member

Room=Decorators

Seat post=AS ABOVE

valleydaddy
    Free Member

haha awesome my mate did this with a Joplin4 thinking he could strip it down completely.

2pure were great and repaired it all for him under warranty hopefully Maverick will help you the same.

As for your room, get cleaning, you may need some type of grease blocker to spray on the walls prior to painting to stop in “bleeding” through

Good luck getting it all sorted – fettling is great 😉

ajantom

Unfortunately you’ll have no joy with Maverick I suspect. I emailed them about mine a year or so ago, and the reply I got stated that as they had sold the design/license to Crank Bros it was down to them to fix it.

Northwind

Burn the house down and claim it all on insurance, easiest option really

MicArms

This months MBR has a how to service guide for Crank Bros/ Joplin seatposts.

paultm
    Free Member

Found this Link a couple of weeks ago and might help. Not sure the 75psi is correct, I also found I needed to cycle the post a few times after putting the oil in to stop it feeling squidgy. Good luck!!!

Rickos
    Free Member

Aye, check this months MBR as even though it’s for a Joplin I’m sure there’ll be major similarities.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

the link paultm is the one for a Joplin3 seemingly there are differences to a Joplin4, dont ask me what. But this is why mate did the same as you copying these instructions.

anymore than a greasing and it’s time for 2pure or a bike tech

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ooooops – Uppy Downy Seat Post Content…’ is closed to new replies.