Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Oooh…day off tomorrow, I just might go and see this eclipse thing.
  • CountZero

I’ve got a pair of eclipse ‘glasses’ from the last time, when I took a day off.
    It was cloudy. 😐
    Hopefully I’ll be able to get out of work for ten minutes tomorrow, and if anyone else can come out, I’ve cut a bunch of strips about 3x8cm from some exposed film, which should work perfectly.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, two circular polarisers don’t cut light out.

Lots of people outside Cardiff museum today, we went and watched it with the pinhole and I also borrowed someone’s eclipse glasses to show the kids.

Coolest though was walking under the trees because the branches were enough to dim the sun and reveal the chunk taken out of it whilst still part of the landscape. Looked very freaky.

benji
    Free Member

Welding helmet worked nicely 8)

Northwind

I decided eye protection was for poofs. The best thing about looking at it with the naked eye is that it lasts longer, you can enjoy the afterimage too.

We had a flukey spell of lovely sunshine just before it went out, and a job to do that gave me an excuse to stand outside and watch, couldn’t have been better.

miketually
    Free Member

We had just enough cloud cover that we could view it without lenses – it was just black when looking through the lenses.

A colleague shot a video:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0cUJpWrsBI[/video]

cfinnimore
    Free Member

That was the best start to a morning dh ride ever. After looking at it very briefly through some **** oakleys and a folded up Buff I had an eerie fly through the woods.

Cold.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Oooh…day off tomorrow, I just might go and see this eclipse thing.’ is closed to new replies.