Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ooh, watches again G-Shock content…
  • Anyone got one of these? After a daily beater/work watch that will definitely get a lot of abuse. Can be had for around £55 and I quite like it for the strap

AW-591MS-1AER

Cougar

Yes, quite a few of us have.

There was a sale a bit back and loads of us picked one up. I missed out, Hora bought one and didn’t like it so forwarded on to me. It’s great, rugged outdoorsy watch that doesn’t look ridiculous on my girlie wrists.

Cougar
    Cougar

Hm,

Ours were the AW-5941MS-3AER rather than AW-5941MS-1AER, for whatever difference that makes. Anyway, well worth the £20 I paid for mine.

Only difference I can see is in colour detail, there’s a few slight differences.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

That’s very nice. I’m currently.liking the orient mako.

ski
    Free Member

I have had that strap on my work watch for just six months and it has worn out already, the metal eyelets started to pop after a couple of months, the material is worn through.

I am looking at a metal strap to replace it at the moment.

Well, it arrived today and I’m not sure I like it. Firstly, it’s to small for me, secondly, it’s too light – I like a bit of substance to anything like that. It seems cheap. I’d have been happy paying £20 for it, but for £55, I think it can go back. How anyone ever paid £95 rrp for it, I’ll never know

warns74
    Free Member

Got one of these as my beater / biking / holiday watch and it’s great. Well worth the £66 and not small. I liked the fact its a bit more understated than a lot of g-shocks.

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-g-shock-57/casio-g-shock-ga-150-1adr-mens-watch-3495.html

richmtb

I love a G-Shock

This is my fancy watch:

This is my beater

Its worth paying a litle bit more for the tough solar G-Shocks

No battery to worry about

richmtb – your beater case looks visually the same as the one I ordered, just a different colour/strap

richmtb

your beater is the same as the one I ordered, just a different colour/strap

Yep different strap and different watch bit in the middle with a different number of digital dials and one has a battery and one is solar powered.

But other than that the same!

chrismac

My Gshock solar is still looking good after 5 years (ab)use. The only thing is it gets depressed in the winter. It keeps saying “low” on the screen. Its a bit like me, gets low if it doesnt get enough daylight!

hora
    Free Member

Evening. I can confirm that it was TINY on my wrist. Its abit (or seems) smaller than newer/latest gshocks

Kryton57

I have one I never use, that top one with a black leatherette/tan inside the strap. Feel free to make me an offer…

Wally

My G-Shock auto tilt light stopped working, Tilt function test revealed a fault and an internet search revealed loads like this.
    Casio asked for £50 and then sent it back mended when I ignored the fee request. Hurrah!

Ewan
    Free Member

I have one I never use, that top one with a black leatherette/tan inside the strap. Feel free to make me an offer…

Just pinged you…

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Lost my g shock a couple of weeks ago after I had an off coming down Helvellyn. Didn’t notice I’d lost it until I got back to the van 😥
    Looks like my crimbo present is sorted 😀

deepreddave
    Free Member

Tough solar all the way for that price. Do what they say on the tin.

Yep different strap and different watch bit in the middle with a different number of digital dials and one has a battery and one is solar powered.
    But other than that the same!

My mistake, though it does look similar. Less sarcasm in your reply might have been nice 😉 x

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ooh, watches again G-Shock content…’ is closed to new replies.