Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • ooh the first debate
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Cameron looks punchable because he looks like Michael Schumacher

cinnamon_girl

I may say that I find a man who frequently has his hand in his trouser pocket rather disturbing. 😯

Bring back Dimbleby for much needed authority in the playground.

birdy
    Free Member

My other half noticed that Cameron claims to have spoken to a 40 year old black man from Plymouth who had served in the navy for 30 years. How does that work then?

Kevevs
    Free Member

can I punch him now? thanks.

kimbers

OMFG

why didnt i see this earlier!

http://www.slapometer.com/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah flashy…have you not checked your favourite blogs? What's the spin on that ballbag Cameron being such a let-down this evening?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Right, fixed my rear mech. What did I miss?

keefus
    Free Member

thank god i fell asleep and missed it!

tinribz
    Free Member

Right, fixed my rear mech. What did I miss?

Cameron starting WWIII on China.

molgrips
    Free Member

I actually wanted to watch this, but I was out riding instead. Well I say wanted – I wanted to know what they were all going to say…

I did rather expect Brown to come out well because a) he actually knows what's going on, and b) he's used to far higher pressure situations than that – meetings with national leaders about how pulling the world's economy back from the brink, for example. I also really hoped that the other two would be able to expose DC for the windbag he always seemed to be. I've not heard him say ANYTHING that wasn't just playground taunts dressed up as political comment or at best the kind of piss-poorly thought out attempts at politics you'd expect some precocious 15 year old to come out with.

Harry_the_Spider

Cameron starting WWIII on China.

Today the Chinese will be turning around 300,000 missile launchers and pointing them at us. Thanks Dave.

JtotheP68
    Free Member

I thought Cameron looked a ****t, he said the word Guango too often. I also can't abide the fact that he brought his dead son up again. Yes, its very sad, but he does use it for his own gain IMO. He also annoyingly brought too many clearly made up examples of people he has supposedly met met into his examples to try to look like he has some sort of connection with the real world which he clearly does not.

WTF was his comment in relation to China about?

If Hull only have five Police cars I'd be worried, its quite a big place.

grumm
    Free Member

It's depressing how the whole tone and agenda of the debates seems to be based on tabloid newspaper headlines. 🙁

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Isn't this whole debate thing just turning it into a media driven "reality show" spin off?

We're told that looking at how these guys "stand" or "use their hands" will give us some sort of deep insight into the sort of person they are? What tosh. As if they haven't read the books and been coached extensivly on how to stand or how to use their hands. It's laughable. All this was is an exercise in "coming accross well". Nothing much to do with policies.

They say in the US the winning candidate is usually the one who looks good and has the best hair (or rigs the re-count)
    In Zimbabwe the winning candidate is the only candidate.

What will they say about the UK I wonder 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

We're told that looking at how these guys "stand" or "use their hands" will give us some sort of deep insight into the sort of person they are?

Well I think it'd be more accurate to say that their body language would betray how confident they are in what they are saying. Which is important, because they could be bullsh*tting or just not know their stuff; or they could actually know what they were talking about. An important point 🙂

*fidgeting nervously and wiping sweat away from brow with trembling hand*

grumm
    Free Member

Well I think it'd be more accurate to say that their body language would betray how confident they are in what they are saying. Which is important, because they could be bullsh*tting or just not know their stuff; or they could actually know what they were talking about.

Or they just could be confident bullshitters

*cough… David Cameron…. *cough

anokdale
    Free Member

Well i watched it and quite honestly i have had more inspiration watching Crufts and seen more energy in citric acid, i would not consider any of them as Leaders, no characters among the three of them and not one that gets my vote at the moment, i guess it is best out of three in terms of the televised debates but come on fellas your going for the top job (apparently) put some effort in try and sell yourself at least if not your Party.

Boring 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

I can't believe I've only just realised Cameron uses Botox.

If substantiated, this is more likely to lose him the election than any other issue, I suspect.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok so their body language MAY betray them… 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

I thought Cameron looked a ****t, he said the word Guango too often.

You mean quango?

I also can't abide the fact that he brought his dead son up again. Yes, its very sad, but he does use it for his own gain IMO.

Something that colours his view on life – I suppose he's just more open about talking about it than you'd like.

He also annoyingly brought too many clearly made up examples of people he has supposedly met met into his examples to try to look like he has some sort of connection with the real world which he clearly does not.

Ahh so you can substantiate your claims that they were made up? After all, his jobs major component at the moment IS to meet people and find out their concerns, so its highly unlikely he's met people to listen to their concenrns….

😀

IT was a big joke, the whole thing was a farce as I knew it would be – it was just the 3 of them saying the same old thing,no-one allowed to be backed into a corner and the conversation/questions skipped to the next the second it got interesting and someone was being pressed.

None of them came out particularly well. None of them explained much. Lib Dem chappy spent his whole time saying "these guys talk a lot, we'd do things" and the others spent their time saying "we will do this". Nothing new in any of it. Waste of my time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Now I didn't actually see the debate as my stomach cannot stand that much of the politicos.

On Cameron and his son – I don't know specifically from this debate what he said but in the past he has not attempted to make political capital out of this and I would be surprised if he did this time.

It will colour his experience and alter his perceptions – why he is more protective of the NHS than previous Tory leaders. I post this as I have been struck by this before and I think on the issue of the NHS and his son he has shown some integrity.

shame about Europe and the HRA where he is a total hypocritical plonker 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I've got to agree with what BillyWhizz said.

IMO the TV debate marked a new low point in British politics – as continues it's relentless dumbing down. 40 or 50 years ago people had far more political savvy than they have today. After the debate I heard some brainless bimbo on TV claim that she was impressed by Clegg because "he looked straight into the camera" ……..so forget about his policies on the economy, the environment, the NHS, etc, the geezer knows how to look into a **** camera. ffs.

40, 50, 60, years ago, people understood politics far more. Their contact with candidates were often direct, such as election meetings in public halls where they could put their questions personally. People actually made decisions on polling day which were based on a reasonable understanding of politics.

Today people just want to sit on their fat lardy arses in front of their tellies as they are spoon-fed sound bite size nibbles of meaningless and empty rhetoric.

Although I had the TV debate on, I paid very little attention to it ……… it was so predictably boring. And of course it was boring – how could it be anything other than boring ? …. when it was a debate between three politicians who all share an identical ideology. The only point of the debate was to allow them to try to manufacture differences between themselves.

So for example, when New Labour say there should be massive spending cuts next year, the Tories say that it should happen this year. Well they've got to think of something to say, rather than just agree with New Labour – who would vote for them otherwise ?

And no one should have been surprised by Clegg's "presentation skills". How else could someone with, no policies and no vision, become leader of the Liberal Democrats ? Clearly he has excellent "presentation skills".

The little I did see of Clegg's performance left me wholly unimpressed. When asked to comment on what could be done by someone who had been burgled, he responded by saying, "the first thing we need to do is have more police on the streets". He then immediately went on to the next point, presumably feeling that it wasn't necessary to explain exactly, how "more police on the streets" was going to stop burglars.

I would have liked to have asked him how many extra police did he think was needed to catch burglars ?…….there's an awful lot of streets out there. Would he be giving them all whistles which they could blow as they chased masked men carrying swag bags over their shoulders ? Did his moment of inspiration come after watching the Keystone Cops ?

Nick Clegg also said that he was the only one who was honest about his policies. And yet, he continuously repeats the TINA lie (there is no alternative) to, in his words, "savage cuts". There is no need for any spending cuts. There will be spending cuts of course….. but only because New Labour, the Tories, and (since Nick Clegg became leader) the LibDems, all want them.

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘ooh the first debate’ is closed to new replies.