Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • ooh the first debate
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Dave, you can't get helicopters overnight, 3-5 years lead time. mind you, they should have been ordered in 2001

kimbers

hmmm clegg is in a wide legged stance, casual, hand in pocket
    cameron is fidgeting his feet from side to side
    broon is standing unervingly still

Kevevs
    Free Member

David Cameron has a very punchable face.

solarider
    Free Member

Enough about the terrorist threat in the Middle East. It's Iceland we should be afraid of.

They crippled our banking system and refused to pay us back and now they have brought our air traffic system to a halt with their bloody volcanoes. The Taliban and Al Qaida never managed either of those things! And don't even start on their crappy frozen party food!

And yes, DC does have an incredibly punchable face.

My verdict:

GB – not come out of this glowing, but not bad either. Probably neutral for him.
    DC – Absolute own goal. All he can do is moan and complain. What's he actually going to do about any of this?
    NC – The biggest benefactor. Refreshing, talks sense, talks specifics.

Think I might actually have decided to change my vote after this. How fickle am I?!

noteeth
    Free Member

"Skip to the end…"

There must be a way to combine political debate with the Hole in the Wall gameshow format. In fact, I demand that it be settled in such a manner.

grahamt1980

You get the impression dave isn't exactly used to the normal debating style found outside the childrens playground of the house of commons. He seems to need some booing to be happy

nuke

😆 @ solarider

Clegg's coming out best so far imo

tyger
    Free Member

How many nurses are leaving? No good say how many more are joining unless you balance it by how many are leaving!

kimbers

i think they should all be challenged to total wipeout, complete wiith hammond simpering comentary

jj55

Brown is a robot spewing out pre-recorded bullsh*t 😕

flap_jack
    Free Member

more volcanos please – I work right under the flight path of luton airport – bliss today

guido

Cleggs winning on the ITV online poll as well.

flap_jack
    Free Member

total wipeout without the lifejackets I reckon

flap_jack
    Free Member

I thought that NI paid for the NHS…

nickname
    Free Member

mr cameron, mr cameron, mr brown thankyou, mr cameron!

solarider
    Free Member

Loved Brown's little shake of the head in response to Cameron. Perfect! His best move of the night. Without saying a single word, he made Cameron look like a foolish child. Brilliant! Really established himself as the elder statesman.

Actually, he is letting Cameron and Clegg fight it out and just keeps calm and acts like a proper Prime Minister. Quite a deliberate but successful strategy.

squin
    Free Member

The kingmaker Clegg is speaking well, but I can't help but think that he seems so inexperienced. 'Dave' has his trousers around his ankles and seems nervy, Gordo is coming across well – his answers include actual examples and he knows his stuff (all theory for the others for obvious reasons). I'm not sure who to vote for yet, but I think that of the 2 major parties it's 1-0 to Labour in this debate. Stewart is a prI@k.

grahamt1980

Someone really needs to take stewart out the back and shoot him

porterclough
    Free Member

Scores on the doors:

Clegg +5
    Brown +1
    Cameron -5
    Stewart -100

solarider
    Free Member

I agree. Cameron was the biggest fan of this, but it has really backfired on him.

There's another debate coming up. Surely Stewart has to be replaced.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I can't believe this…

Thirteen years of spin, lies, deception and obsession with eroding our civil liberties.

And people are about to give Labour another chance!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Listening on radio, not watching. Brown sounds better than Clegg if you can't see them. Clegg is fumbling. Shame, as I'm an LD supporter.

jj55

Now here is a man that would have livened up any debate

.duncan
    Free Member

I think clegg is benefitting a lot from what i perceive as brown targeting cameron and cameron targeting brown, dragging eachother down.

porterclough
    Free Member

And people are about to give Labour another chance!

Personally I hope not. But just commenting on the debate, Cameron has come across as a complete lightweight. Brown hasn't said anything of interest but he's defended well. Clegg seems to have some fire in his belly.

If it seems different on the radio, that's interesting…

Kevevs
    Free Member

no one contesting the FACT that David Cameron has a very punchable face?

jj55

Labour has swamped every single area of our public services with mountains of paperwork cascading in every day taking armies of bureuacrats to deal with it………..

solarider
    Free Member

Cameron DOES have a punchable face. He lives near me, so I might just get that chance! Can't wait.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brown DOES have a punchable face. He lives near me, so I might just get that chance! Can't wait.

😉

Was it worth watching? I was in the pub.

bawbag
    Free Member

how are you all watching this and posting? Is it a case of laptop on the sofa?

My computer is in a different room so I have to take it in shifts, can still hear it though.

brakes
    Free Member

not sure what makes me feel more nauseous, David Cameron or the set in the background

kimbers

laptop on the sofa but pub sounds better

solarider
    Free Member

You could have still posted a comment without actually watching it. They didn't really say anything new.

jj55

Clegg wins!

tinribz
    Free Member

Go Nick, 'Unite the clans!'

Apart from repeating himself a little he walked it, gets my vote.

WTF is Mackeroon on with that sum up.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The BSI reference maximal punchable face

And for comparison

Definitely somewhere on the punchabilty scale.

flap_jack
    Free Member

actually much better than I expected – they pushed the rules and seemed to enjoy winding up Alistair Stewart

PJM1974
    Free Member

Cameron has an extremely punchable face!

When I voted Labour in 1997, I didn't vote for illegal wars, the ratcheting up of the cost of mobility, tuition fees, excessive spin, easing the lives of the wealthy and the relentless need to strip away personal privacy.

I voted for more money to benefit the NHS, better public services and most of all for an end to the Westminster culture of the time.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Wish i'd carried on watching the tour of Turkey i taped earlier, that was an hour i guess i'll never get back.

Wally

End was a classic, oh bother Brown is shaking hands and we are standing like lemons moment.
    HaHa, hilarious, all we needed was a baby in front row to hold.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘ooh the first debate’ is closed to new replies.