Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Ooh, that smells lovely……
  • DrP

It’s fair to say, I love cleaning/ polishing/ oiling my bikes, almost as much as I love riding them (like a pretty lady, no one wants to ride a dirty, unlubed bike….)

I treated the fleet to this bundle from Freeborn cycles, and I must say the Frame polish is Heavenly!. Smells like refresher sweets!
    Called the wife out to have a whiff (yes, we did look like a pair of junkies sniffing aerosols!) and she was reminded of her youth, with memories of eating sweets on the way home from school!

Additionally, the fork lube seems a simple yet effective way of maintaining seals/reverbs too.

All in all, a pretty impressive bundle!

DrP

scaredypants

nothing in the world smells nicer than GT85 – FACT

(except contact adhesive or ether) 😳

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

What do you make of the brake juice? I have a tin of it and I’m sure it does nothing…

DrP

I thought similar, but a quick “pffftttt” of this stuff and I was in shock and awe!

DrP

RE brake juice – I’ve used plenty of other alcohol based brake cleaners – they don’t do much if the brakes are clean to begin with, but it there’s oil/brake fluid, and you get in early with it, you can save pads and get brakes sharp again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Gahhhh. We don’t pay your wages for you to go wasting
    It on poncy polish. I’m outraged.

Seriously though, sounds like you have a polish addicion. You should see a doctor about that.

DrP

Not just frame polish pete – poncy oil and some stanchion lube were purchased with your tax dollars too……

DrP

burgatedicky

scaredypants – Member

(except contact adhesive or ether)

Another vote for the delightful GT85 here as well!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Phhhhh. Too much ponce on this thread

For that reason I’m out.

iain1775
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    (except contact adhesive or ether)

Castrol R
    Steam trains
    And
    My dogs farts

(Maybe not the last one)

singlecrack
    Free Member

As above
    Castrol R
    Then GT 85

PJM1974
    Free Member

Zymol wax. Smells of bananas and coconuts.

And it’s really, really good at making frames all shiny.

brakes
    Free Member

creosote – many a time I have been tempted to lick it off the fence.

Merak

Tub glue for me, I like to give my rims the last coat, in a suitably poorly ventilated area just before I go to work in the morning, absolutely fleeing!

That, and petrol. Best smells ever, oh, and your own farts. Anyone else’s repulses me.

Merak

singlecrack

Repped, for Castrol R

Brings back happy memories of spectating at rallies with my Dad when I was a kid.

athgray
    Free Member

Frying Bacon
    Pine resin
    Unleaded fuel. I have had a diesel car for the past 5 years and I miss it so.

scaredypants

oooh yeah, castrol R (was the best thing about going to the speedway when I was young)

was passed by a moped the other day that smelled of it – do they run stuff like that in old vespas ?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Steam trains

the winner… you can stick your solvent abuse up your arses. Steam trains is where its at!

busydog
    Free Member

My dogs farts

Mine both do, but not sure it would fall into ‘Ohh that smells lovely’ category 😆

RustySpanner

Klunk
    Free Member

haribojangles
    Free Member

muc off silicon shine smells good. smells like cherries

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Ooh, that smells lovely……’ is closed to new replies.