Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Ooh, exciting times!
  • Just had a gentleman’s handshake (official business to be sorted later) on a 2nd business. Bought into a new venture that’s in its infancy. Totally different to what I do now and is based on import and retail in a rapidly growing market. Minimal investment with minimal risk and big potential. You takes yer chances!

Watch this space

Dark-Side

Drugs?

Shhh!

leffeboy

Are Amway still going? 😉

Good luck. New stuff is always great

avdave2

Minimal investment with minimal risk and big potential.

Cheap strong and light – pick 2. 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Pyramids?

It’s snake oil

wrecker
    Free Member

Pyramids?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think the egyptians beat you to it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sliced Bread ??

You may have missed the boat..

nicko74

Minimal investment with minimal risk and big potential. You takes yer chances!

I thought Bernie Madoff was in jail?

tymbian
    Free Member

@ avdave2. 😀

tymbian
    Free Member

900mm bars?

30″ wheels?

Whatever it is good luck!

As I was the first well wisher, 1st dibs on partnership when successful.

NJA

Electronic Cigarettes?

Good luck, new ventures are always exciting.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A social network site where you can keep up with “friends” ??

geoffj

Do you need any pie charts?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

turd polish for on-ones?

piemonster

A red light and a spot down the docks doing favours for sailors?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

so you have had a gentlemans handshake– an import and retail with minimal risk–rapid growing market– you are in the illegal sex trade with a chinese backer….?

sc-xc

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Is it a bicycle taxi service? Called Croggers?

NJA has it!

Seen a few rapidly growing outlets and these things seem to be catching on big time. Had been discussing how viable a shop would be with Mrs STR when all of a sudden a lad I know popped up selling them. He already had his website up and running and I approached him with a few ideas and a demonstration of a modicum of business knowledge. I expressed an interest in getting involved and gave him some food for thought.

Well he bit and made me an offer. His shop is ready to go next month and I’ve been offered a 40% share if I match his initial investment – not to be paid to him, but to buy stock. All the leg work is done and everything almost ready to go. For his 60% he runs the shop and online sales, whilst I take care of the figures and get to carry on with my other line of work.

bruneep

Electronic Cigarettes? Pipe?

nealglover
    Free Member

Been using Electronic Cigarettes for over 4 years now and have tried all sorts…

From mass produced Far East stuff to full on Handmade stuff.

What will you be selling ?

thepurist

I’ve been offered a 40% share if I match his initial investment

Good luck with it though.

Read the post thepurist and have a think about it – Cheers anyway though 😉

Mostly stuff like this nealglover and the juices. I’ve been off the fags 5 weeks now and after the first day didn’t even think about smoking – from 20 a day

cynic-al
    Free Member

God luck fella.

Cheers Al

mikey3
    Free Member

I’ve been off the fags for one day,on lozenges atm,can I have a free sample if I write a glowing endorsement on your website please:)

Ha, nice try mikey. The starter kits come in at around £24 and 10ml of juice (lasts me around a week) £2.50. I find the tobacco flavours a bit rough but the fruit flavours really enjoyable. It’s a damn sight cheaper than smoking!

It’s not a case of ‘I want a cigarette but this will do’ – I actually prefer it to smoking.

When all up and running I’ll speak to STW admin and look at posting the website up here for a donation and offer an STW discount

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good luck!

I quit smoking the start of the year, just went cold turkey. But I know loads of others who have quit/are quitting, and they’re all using some form of the above. I reckon there’s a market

Cheers David!

Been watching a shop around 10 miles away and they are queuing out of the door. We will be the first outlet in our town, I expect competition springing up though!

nealglover
    Free Member

Can you send me a link please, email in profile.

Done Neal – Cheers 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to be in a business where the competition is going to be cigarette companies

Yeah we will see johndoh, but in the meantime I’m going to make some hay!

nealglover
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to be in a business where the competition is going to be cigarette companies

Nicorette and all the other similar companies seem to do ok.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sure but a pretend cigarette is surely going to be more up a cigarette company’s street? And as their sales of real ones declines….

Funnily I have yet to ever see someone ‘smoking’ one and I have never seen a customer at the little stall in my local shopping centre.

But good luck though – good to try these things.

What the cigarette companies have up their sleeves remains to be seen – I think the biggest problem the growing industry will encounter, is the British Government. It could go 3 ways as I see it – let it carry on unhindered (unlikely), ban the products on the basis that unregulated and health checked ‘juice’ is coming in from China (ours is from the Far East, but from the Worlds largest manufacturer and regulated (to what degree I’ll have to clarify), or (and I think the most likely) they will tax it – people seem to be using these as an alternative to smoking, not an aid to quit!

Oh, people are smoking them – I’m coming across them all the time and in some areas they are extremely popular. Hopefully we are getting into this just at the right time, but you got to take some chances in business. Fortunately, I can keep my other line of work rolling along and have a sleeping role in this to a certain degree!

nealglover
    Free Member

Funnily I have yet to ever see someone ‘smoking’ one

You have, you just didn’t realise 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Ooh, exciting times!’ is closed to new replies.