• This topic has 49 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by servo.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Onza Payoff. Never heard of them. Any good?
  • Poopscoop

christof – Member

Keep an eye on you email junk box for discount code!

Will do! 😀

ajantom

Not after one of their frames, but browsing the Onza site I think I’ve just found the exact set of bars I’ve been after for ages.
    They’re in the trials section, but 725mm wide, flat carbon bars, with a 14 degree back sweep – well upsweep really, being trials bars – but can be angled back.
    Sound perfect, and only £22 with free delivery.

christof
    Free Member

Still loving my Jackpot! It’s so capable and has me thinking do I need my full suss?
    This video hasn’t helped either!
    https://m.pinkbike.com/news/who-needs-a-downhill-bike-anyway.html

chrisdavids

Payoff owners, what size have you got and how tall are you? I can find very little info online beyond the bikeradar review.

Cheers

Chris

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I am 5 9 with fairly short legs and had a large. The reach felt good (fairly long, although maybe not if you’re a lot taller) but I didn’t have enough stand over on it.

servo
    Free Member

Just bought one of these second hand and I like it.
    Steering is a bit twitchy though. Is this due to running a 51mm offset fork when the frame is designed for 42mm?

Do the stock builds come with 42mm forks?

Am I over thinking this?

Cheers

Poopscoop

servo – Member

Just bought one of these second hand and I like it.
    Steering is a bit twitchy though. Is this due to running a 51mm offset fork when the frame is designed for 42mm?

Do the stock builds come with 42mm forks?

Am I over thinking this?

Cheers

Better late than never… its designed for a 42mm offset fork. Not sure what that would change as far as stability goes?

thepodge
    Free Member

Seems this year’s trend is shorter offset which is to aid stability so yeah longer offset forks could make it feel a bit more twitchy

servo
    Free Member

The Onza Jackpot is a 27.5 bike and the geometry says 42mm fork offset.
    The Onza Payoff which is 29 also says 42mm fork offset.

Can you get 42mm offset 29er forks?

My wife’s new Canyon 27.5 bike came with 42mm Rebas.
    Maybe 42mm is for 27.5 bikes only and it is a copy and paste error from the Jackpot geometry chart.

Anyway, bike is riding well and I really like it 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Onza Payoff. Never heard of them. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.