Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • only it's mother (and Sheldon) could love it
  • postierich
    Free Member

At least his towel rail is usefull!

yunki
    Free Member

that first one’s real purty..

takisawa2

Landing Gear forks.
    Crikey, that takes me back. 🙂

tazzymtb

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is there actually any genuine reason why those designs are as they are, do they offer any advantages over a ‘standard’ frame design, or are they purely an attention seeking exercise?

RichPenny
    Free Member

At least his towel rail is usefull!

I dunno, I reckon you could fit a fair sized wedge of victoria sponge in the DeSalvo tt spacesaver 🙂

singlespeedstu

Wokboy can’t cope with a rigid fork for offroad use.

Tazz. you’ve got no BMX background have you?

If you had you’d recognise the quadangle influences in the other one. 🙄 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Er, I like ’em both – waaay too big for me though. Still want a quadangle or even better, one of these 😛

mrmo
    Free Member

Is there actually any genuine reason why those designs are as they are, do they offer any advantages over a ‘standard’ frame design, or are they purely an attention seeking exercise?

of course not,

mind you something that occured to me on todays ride, my bike is actually niche, it isn’t singlespeed, it is not a downhill monster, it is not rigid, fixed or any other fad. It is actually designed to be ridden cross country at speed, how niche is that!!!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I think the quad would look ‘right’ with a shorter seat tube, doesn’t quite work as it is though. Also the bars & stem of the first bike are gooping, other than that though it’s lovely 🙂

tazzymtb

stu, I don’t care about the “influences” That’s wronger than having carnal relations with your sister who’s also your mum 😯

charliedontsurf

I like them both. The first two,,,, but I am a wrongen and should be ignored

singlespeedstu

Tazz that’s all well and good but i happen to have had carnal relationships with you mom/sister/brother/dad so feel no shame. 😐

tazzymtb

I do rather like inglis and retrotec stuff though 😕

aracer
    Free Member

To me those things with all those extra tubes just look like an explosion in a scaffolding factory. Presumably the extra tube in the first and latest pic is only there because the engineering of the rest of the frame is so badly done that it can’t cope without it – would look much cleaner without, something like:

rOcKeTdOg

Aracer, that is lovely!

nickf
    Free Member

aracer, that’s a total fail. OK, there’s the silly frame, but your bike has gears AND suspension. And I bet you don’t have a beard either.

rOcKeTdOg

would be better without the canti brake tabs too

CheesybeanZ

Aracer , thats very very nice

Lifer
    Free Member

Thanks Aracer I’ve been trying to find a vaguely remembered frame from the early 90s and the Corratec is it:

DezB
    Free Member

Pretty sure that’s not aracer’s bike up there that everyone’s complimenting him on 🙂 ^^

The Teambow was ridden to victory in the MTB Tour of Britain I believe. Can’t remember the chap’s name (Dutch?), but I do remember thinking his bike was a minger.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Yikes! I remember seeing a pair of those Corratec’s at one of the SAMS races in the 90’s when I was young and impressionable. Over the course of the next 6 months, my blue Diamondback suddenly got yellow tyres, yellow brake blocks, yellow grips and a yellow saddle. The shame, the shame……

miketually
    Free Member

A towel rail makes sense in larger frames, doesn’t it? To stiffen them up as the bigger a frame gets the less triangular it is and the more or a quadrandle.

mogrim

Love the top bike, make a perfect pub bike.

aracer
    Free Member

Aracer, that is lovely!

As mentioned, not mine, just the best piccy of a Corratec I found with a quick search – Lifer’s is actually more the picture I was after! A friend of mine was sponsored by them back in the ’90s and had one of those (no pictures) and another friend is now (didn’t want to post up a picture of him without asking, hence the random one).

downshep

Corratec frame and Judy SLs with discs? Never seen that before.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

that ti Corratec is very nice

epicyclo

I’ve always had a weakness for twin tube bikes – ever since my BSA Para. That Corratec is beautiful.

The towel rail bike is neat too.

Sam

The McClung is lovely – consider it a modern take on a classic clunker. If you need to ask ‘why’ then I guess it’s not for you.

wwaswas

I’ve always wanted one fo these to pootle around town on…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Now THAT is gorgeous, kinda like an old 1930’s motorbike without the engine! Bet it weighs a ton though..

wwaswas

lots of classic motorbike inpsired rides here, muddydwarf;

http://www.hawkclassic.com/cms/en/products/bikes/classic-line.html

D0NK

Corratec looks nice (the ti one not the 90’s hideous thing – tho at the time I’d probably have fancied one) but don”t the top tubes get in the way? knee/heel/calf/foot any or all?

jameso

90s yellow corratec has an inboard r disc mount, didn’t notice it at first due to the glare )

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘only it's mother (and Sheldon) could love it’ is closed to new replies.