Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Online shop product description help please
  • H
    Free Member

Good evening,

I am currently in the process of setting up a tubeless pair of Bontrager wheels. I bought the wheels second-hand and they included the Bontrager plastic rim strips but no valves.

I went online and found a shop selling the rim strips titled “Bontrager Rim Strip 29er Race X-lite”, and within the description of the item “Everything you need to convert a Bontrager wheel to tubeless, including the rimstrip, valve and sealant”.

When the package arrived I only recived the rim strips and no valves / sealant.

I have since been in contact with the shop and have been told that although it says that ‘rim strip, valve and sealant’ are included the title lists only the rim strip therefore they are not incluced. According to the shop the description is listing everything that you need, rather than what is included. However that is not what is written.

Does anyone know where I stand on this?

Thanks very much, H

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I’ve seen that advert. its misleading nonsense.

geoffj

Link to the ad would help

druidh
    Free Member

If you’re not happy, simply return the goods and they’re obliged to give you a full refund.

scaredypants

you have the right to cancel the order & return for full refund (within 7 days)

I guess you also have the right to pursue them over this but IMO life’s too short

Link ?

H
    Free Member

The webpage has now been changed following a telephone call about 15mins ago.

It is still very misleading because the image still includes the valve and in the product description the weight of the valve is also included, suggesting that its included.

Do have a screen shot of the original advert though.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The best you can hope for is a complete refund imo, i would push for the postage too. If you get any fuss you could report it to the Trading standards…

The price was only £3.59 so it was never gonna be the full kit, was it.

H
    Free Member

All sorted now, I have been offered me a full refund, on return of the rim strips.

I have been informed by shop that the product description doesnt have to match the product!

MarkyG82

I have been informed by shop that the product description doesnt have to match the product!

Since when?

H
    Free Member

Thats what I was told on the phone!

Because the title only listed ‘rim strips’ and not valves then valves were not included. Even though the description listed valves included.

According to them their online terms and conditions state that their images and descriptions may not be correct.

druidh
    Free Member

H – Member
    Thats what I was told on the phone!

Because the title only listed ‘rim strips’ and not valves then valves were not included. Even though the description listed valves included.

According to them their online terms and conditions state that their images and descriptions may not be correct.I’m pretty sure that is correct.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Online shop product description help please’ is closed to new replies.