Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Online selling ettiquette
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

I’m selling some items on another forum (some reptile stuff). The first guy to approach me offered me the full amount of money asked but while I was at work has gotten really pushy about sending me money an stuff. Meanwhile another person has approached me about the same items and offered me slightly less but is no where near as pushy. I appreciate the first guy maybe in a rush for something but if you need it that quick then why go online to buy it?
    So should I honour the verbal agreement to sell to pushy first guy or loose a few quid (about £20) and go with non-pushy 2nd guy?

Admiralable
    Free Member

And if my spelling and grammar are wrong! I don’t care 😉

muff
    Free Member

sell to the first guy – gentlemans honour.

a deal is a deal

chewkw
    Free Member

1st person and tell him to calm down.

j_me
    Free Member

If he’s being arsey about it I’d have no qualms about selling to the second guy. The management have the right to refuse….etc etc.

carlos
    Free Member

Depends what he’s being pushy about, I normally tell them that the items will be posted the day after funds clear, which puts the onus on the buyer. If its about the money being transfered/paid etc.. then sell to the 2nd guy before you loose both sales.

A bit OT but I’m selling a Drysuit at the moment and one guy I’ve spoke to on the phone now wants me to send him £500’s worth of suit so he can try it on??? No mention of I’ll pay in full and if I decide not to take it deduct your postage cost from my refundable monies, or anything. I know there is an element of trust etc.. on both parties but come on???

Admiralable
    Free Member

I’ve been at work today so can’t answer straight away. In the 3 hours from starting work to my first break he messaged me 9 times asking for payment details! He wants the items sent today aswell doesn’t seem to understand it’ll take me an hour to get home at 5.30 so PO will be closed 🙁

muff
    Free Member

on second thoughts tell him to jog on..

he’s sounds like a right turnip.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Lol @ muff 🙂

cp

sounds like a pain in the arse. I’d have no qualms with going with the second person…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sell it to the 2nd person, but make sure you get the 1st persons address, then you can go round and lamp him for being such a tool.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Sold to second guy 🙂

thebunk

9 messages! I dunno, might be even more hassle if you annoy him…do the deal and make a mental note not to deal with him again.

Try not to bugger it up though, sounds like he might go a bit nuts.

Edit – 56 seconds too late! Well, if he ends up stalking you don’t say I didn’t warn you…

uplink
    Free Member

In that case sell to the 2nd guy
    just tell the 1st guy you can’t meet his deadlines

jonnyrobertson

Sounds like you made the right call. Veering off topic a tad I shipped off an unwanted piece of equipment to someone off here the other week, expensive for what it was new, I let it go free “to a good home”. They offered to send me some cash and I said just bung a few quid to charity. Exchanged mails for shipping etc, posted it the very next day and…nothing. Don’t know if they got it, not even a thank you. Didn’t reply to my follow up email a week after posting to see if it did arrive. Serves me right for expecting the same level of decency that I would show had it been the other way round… 😕

Deveron53
    Free Member

Sometimes I have a bad feeling about certain sellers, if you’ve been selling online for a while you sort of get a 6th sense.
    If the 1st bloke is a pain, don’t sell to him. I sell on retrobike and if the first ‘dibber’ tries to knock my prices down I tell him to ‘jog on’ and take the first offer of full price… Treat em mean! I price to sell but sometimes a cheeky offer is too **** cheeky!
    Like these people who make you an offer on ebay about 45% of asking price – no chance! I had something on for £200, got offered £120 – grrr!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Tell him you are at work and give him a date = End of.

If he doesn’t like it/says bye then = sell to 2nd buyer.

(agree 1st buyer is a pain but might need reptile asap as lunch time is near)

cr500dom
    Free Member

Any news on my M-Frames that I paid you for 2 weeks ago, that still havent arrived ?
    Cheers
    Dom

cr500dom
    Free Member

Still no sign of the glasses ?
    No response to emails ?
    Refund would be appreciated now please
    Cheers
    Dom

lightman
    Free Member

cr500dom, maybe he sold them to someone else!!

Without possibly getting excited too soon, when did he send them and when did you email?

cr500dom
    Free Member

I paid for them nearly 3 weeks ago and I’ve had no confirmation that they have been sent, last email was on Friday before last saying he’d forgotten and he’d get them off to me ?
    Might be on holiday I suppose ?

cr500dom
    Free Member

Still no sign of the Oakleys 🙁
    Anyone else been having similar issues ?
    No response to emails for a while now either ?
    First bad experience on STW which is a shame, just want what I paid for or my money back ?!

cr500dom
    Free Member

5 weeks and counting now……
    No response to emails, no Glasses turned up, no refund…. 🙄

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Maybe his reptile related stalker has killed him.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Online selling ettiquette’ is closed to new replies.