Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • online opticians? who's best for contacts??
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Afternoon,
    Am finishing with spec savers as they are ridiculous in their lack or customer service… So who’s best for contacts online?
    Cheers

bongobob

I use lenstore.co.uk.
    Always had fast delivery times. Hope that helps

Northwind

I use Visiondirect, wouldn’t want to say best or worst, and definitely not the cheapest, but fast and good to deal with and that. Price difference comes to a couple of quid anyway so I don’t stress about it

daftvader
    Free Member

I only wear them when riding so cheap daily ones are the way. 1 months supply should last me up to 3….

thehustler
    Free Member

There is no such thing as an online opticians as its impossible to refract/ check the health of the eye online…….that said

May I ask why you are finished with spec savers? (I am no friend of theirs)

Is it a supply issue as in they wont because either your sight test or Cl checks are not up to date (they cant legally if you havent had a CL check in the last 12 months or sight test within the last 12/24 months depending on your recall cycle and neither should the online retailers)

or is it a different customer service issue in which case I may be able to offer some advice?

daftvader
    Free Member

Basically I finished the monthly as I’m unable to wear them all day as I don’t produce enough tears. Then I asked them if I could have a months worth of daily ones that I had tested but the response was no. I had to re do the test on them, I had to be signed off by the optician and then buy 3 months worth at a time. Therefore I said see ya. Plenty of other people to use…

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

i used lenstore when i wore contacts and costco for the solutions

thehustler
    Free Member

ok so being a responsible optician they want to check the health of your eye when you change your lens type? = GOOD PRACTICE

The buying 3mth at once the majority of lens manufacturers now only supply in a minimum 3mth amount so if this is how they are bought in its only reasonable they are sold on in the same way, did you bother to check this before your flounce?

daftvader
    Free Member

Not really good practice as I only did the test 3 months ago… And it wasn’t a flounce, just another bad experience with them.

thehustler
    Free Member

But with a different lens type, the daily might have slightly different base curves, and they will also want to check that your eyes are not being dried out by the daily lens, this would happen in any opticians in the country who act responsibly, and to be brutally honest if you suffer dry eyes there is no way you should even be trying to order lenses without going thru it as some of the outcomes if your eyes are not suitable include COMPLETE BLINDNESS!!

….which is why these checks are needed

thehustler
    Free Member

…..incidentally as said earlier if you haven’t gone through this process no online retailer should be able to supply you lenses however some of the less scrupulous ones will, if you decide go down this line you optician will have advised you not to as have I, I have seen too many corneal ulcers and other eye problems caused by irresponsible wearers to offer anything but stark truth where CL’sare concerned, you only get one set of eyes….

daftvader
    Free Member

Fairnuff… You are an optician so should know… Will go to a local indi and see what they can do…. But still only want 1 month at a time.

rOcKeTdOg

Vision direct here, 3 clicks & lenses arrive the next day

thehustler
    Free Member

There are a few brands that can do this, and some independants will even let you have them a month at a time when they order 3 (we do for a number of patients who are well known to us). But please dont skimp on the eye health part.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘online opticians? who's best for contacts??’ is closed to new replies.