Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Online contact lens sellers
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

My optician refused to sell me any more lenses until I have a contact lens consultation. This is despite the fact that I had been wearing them up until last week when I ran out of them and I had a sight test on Saturday! A consultation is £20 but they can eff off as I know I tolerate lenses fine. Have done since 1990.

I have my new prescription – can I order some lenses online?

dufresneorama
    Free Member
    Sheriff_Fatman

+1 for http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com

Although I do also have the cheapest Boots Vision Plan for 30 pairs every 3 months as it gives me free aftercare, sight tests and money off my specs. I Just use daysoft to top up with spare lenses when I’m running low. Their lenses don’t feel any different than the Boots ones…

batfink
    Free Member

I use contactlenses.co.uk, they have always arrived the next day and the the ones I order are identical to the ones you get from specsavers

theotherjonv

you need the contact lens specific checkups to make sure that your eye physically is OK, not just whether the prescription is correct. One every year i think is the minimum my optician likes, but prefers every 6mo (it costs me nowt, I’m on an aftercare plan anyway)

I have bought from daysoft as well, but they require you to confirm you’ve had a check up in the last x years (1 or 2, I can’t remember) and also require the contact details for your optician. I doubt they ever check this up, but it’ll more be a self protection thing so if you have an issue because you haven’t had a check up recently you can’t claim you weren’t told you needed them.

hels
    Free Member

I think that by law you have to have a check every 12 months, and even the online folk can’t supply without that. I used to get a check at Specsavers for £20 then buy at Asda. Now Specsavers won’t play ball, took my £20 and refused to confirm with Asda online that my eyes were fine at the last check mis-quoting “Data Protection”. I have argued with them many times that I don’t wear lenses every day so don’t want their monthly plan, it gets you nowhere.

Might try contactlenses.co.uk next time, see if they are as vigilant as Asda.

munkster
    Free Member

+1 for http://www.contactlenses.co.uk

Used them numerous times for disposables, excellent service.

brooess
    Free Member

Vision Direct £20+ cheaper for me (J&J acuvue moist) for 90 pairs and service has always been good

Contact lens check is to ensure you’re eyes are healthy and undamaged by contact lens risk – they block oxygen getting to your eyes.

Contact lenses are not risk free. You could end up with serious eye issues from skipping the check…

thehustler
    Free Member

OP it’s that kind of attitude that is WHY someone like you shouldn’t be wearing contact lenses, do to realise if you mis wear lenses you could end up with a corneal ulcer, a common result of which is blindness, It is a legal requirement to have a CL check at least every 12 months otherwise it is Illegal (even for online suppliers) to sell you contact lenses.

Man up and pay for the check up you only get One set of eyes you numpy!!

T666DOM

+1 The Hustler

Don’t get complacent with your most important sense, what’s £20 in the grand scheme of things, it’ll cost you a lot more if you end up with a CL related infection, in hospital car parking fees alone!

You may be tolerating lenses now but what about the next 10,20,30 40 etc years.

lucien

Ive used these people (a lot) as found them the cheapest by far Contact Lenses Online

Never had to give a prescription or update it either…….

thehustler
    Free Member

Never had to give a prescription or update it either

then do you think they are more interested in your health or your money?

thehustler
    Free Member

Oh btw for the OP your contact lens prescription can differ from your spectacle one so in answer to that point no…….

derek_starship
    Free Member

Consultation booked. I hear y’all 😳

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Online contact lens sellers’ is closed to new replies.