Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Oneof my biggest fears….
  • Zone
    Free Member

This just makes me cringe… has happened once in the peaks.. and much the same…very lucky!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

*shudders*

ton

i did that at dalbeattie……….ended up with 14 stitches in my knee.
    the moment you go beyond the return point is not a very nice feeling..

forge197
    Free Member

That's a bit nasty that.

ton – was that an off the main trail bit or on the trail itself somewhere?

rOcKeTdOg

is that the 'penalty for failure' vid?, scary

Smee
    Free Member

Dufus is an apt word here.

njee20
    Free Member

He was fine though, broken finger IIRC.

I particularly the like the guy who's not filming 'OH SHIT OH SHIT SHIT SHIT, THAT'S NOT GOOD… did you film it?'

Gary_M
    Free Member

i did that at dalbeattie

I'd be interested to know where abouts.

showerman
    Free Member

This vid has been around a few yrs now but why have they got lights on, always makes me think of a tumble i had on holiday in the alps i was 3rd in line my mate in front of me and a fellow holiday rider in front they both went round a blind corner i was a little way behind so lost sight of them as i came round the corner this so called xc racer (pro) had stopped for nothing other than a little rain gully that 8 other people had just gone over. i could not brake in time bumped my mates tyre went over the edge got held by a tree some 10ft down other wise it was another 700-1000ft to the bottom none stop. one very twisted ankle. tosser saw the fall but just rode away bad vibes over the dinner table that night. my fault i know lesson learned never trust people (in a nice way)you have never ridden with before

ton

forge197 – Member
    That's a bit nasty that.

ton – was that an off the main trail bit or on the trail itself somewhere?

it was of the side of the barnbarroch loop…too much speed on a corner.

racefaceec90

jeeze that was a bit extreme!!!glad the guy is still alive!!!

WTF
    Free Member

Just as well he wasn`t riding this tral.

njee20
    Free Member

Showerman, whilst that isn't very good I have to wonder why you commented about lights? I thought your story was going to be light related!?

And I don't think it's so much about not trusting people you don't know, as understanding that there's a risk in riding around blind corners faster than you can stop! Glad you survived mind!

forge197
    Free Member

ton – I don't think I've taken much notice of the drops on that part of the trail there is a bit that is a tight left through a tree think that could be a bit nasty if you went straight on!! I'll look next time I am there

nostoc
    Free Member

This afternoon I was out my cross bike and there was a bit where I had to ride along an old hedge bank – a bumpy narrow track with about a metre and a half drop on either side. Half way along I thought about that video. It made me fall off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Oneof my biggest fears….’ is closed to new replies.