• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • One23 Cassettes (possible budget bargain content)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just bought one for the turbo over the winter (11-23 rather than 13-27 I normaly run).

Anyone else run one?

First impressions of their budget (deore/tiagra level) cassette.
    *Shiny chromed finish
    *Better looking than the SRAM/Shimano equivalent
    *Ramps etc to aid shifting look like SRAM/Shimano (yes i know their ramps are different but its hard to tell at a glance).

2nd impressions
    *Its a cassette, the chain goes arround it and the back wheel turns.
    *Shifting, hmmmmmmmmm, not sure if its just me but it definately feels/sounds like its moving onto the next gear running arround for a bit before finaly engageing, as if the gates/ramps are in the wrong place so its not engageing with the next gear before droping off the previous one like shimano/SRAM.

Its a bit like the difference between SRAM and Shimano, Shimano will engage each gear as it pulls the chain accross the block because the gates/ramps all line up like that, SRAM will do one at a time but not multiple shifts, i.e. engage the next gear, then it waits for a gate as shimanos patent stops it lineing the gates/ramps up. Only these ones the gates/ramps dont seem to line up with the next gear?

Anyone else tried these cassettes? It might just be me, I’m using a KMC X-chain which has profiled outer links to aid shiting so maybe its just shifting too quickly and moving before it gets to a gate.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘One23 Cassettes (possible budget bargain content)’ is closed to new replies.