Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • one week in late april 2011 where to go to bike???
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello usual get a week in late May to go off with daughters for some mountain biking,last 2 years have been the pryenees based at luchon, this year due to uni dates we need to go late april which will mean the high passes will be snowy if not blocked. WE try and avoid companies as the costs get too high, so usual get a flat/gite

So where would peope recommend for one week that has a good mix of trails and is warm and dry?

So far thought of provence but anywhere else?

Thanks

ash

Nice / Monte-Carlo / Menton (OK, South-Eastern Provence)

vondally
    Free Member

thanks ash any other suggestions please

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Italian maritime Alps.

vondally
    Free Member

are the trails easy to find? Signposted? Had some serious fun 😕 with Italian maps in the apennines.

ANy location you would recommend?

transporter13
    Free Member

Scottish highlands for me…already booked 😆

vondally
    Free Member

Warm and Dry???? 😕 in late april???? could be i guess no midges but still a chance

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Morocco would get my vote, especially if you like surfing too.

FuzzyWuzzy

Andalucia should be mid 20’s by then, I’ve only been there guided though so don’t know how good maps are over there for finding the trails.

vondally
    Free Member

morocco sounds a bit more epic would we need to go with a company?

nasher
    Free Member

Ciao

Have a look on our site rivierabike this should give yopu plenty of info on Liguria aka the Italian riviera.

Our package may not be what you are looking for but we do have self catering apartments which can make the price cheaper.

Also look at finale ligure there are a couple of shuttle companies you can tag along with and also try italybikehotels.com and look for florenz and medusa… they have guides as part of their packages.

If you want further info just drop me a line…only too happy to help

Ciao

jedi

lake garda?

basquemtb in spain

transporter13
    Free Member

“Warm and Dry???? in late april???? could be i guess no midges but still a chance”

went at the end of march/start of april this year..wasnt that warm but only rained for about 3 hours the whole time we were there…was lovely 8)

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

When I went to Morocco we stayed on the coast at Agadir and struggled to find trails that didn’t dead end at small villages in the hills. Since then I’ve read reports of cracking guided rides in the Atlas mountains. There is a small ski resort up there but whether the lifts service any MTB trails, I don’t know.

This made entertaining reading.
    Flowmtb also go there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘one week in late april 2011 where to go to bike???’ is closed to new replies.