Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One team one bike one 24hr event fancy it!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Over a few beers last night decided to do something differant for SITS this year, looking @ using just one bike for the whole event and each team member brings a part of the bike

1. Medium Frame,bb,headset
    2. Wheels Singlespeed drivetrain spds
    3. Steering stem,bars grips ,forks
    4. Brakes seatpost saddle

Catton park is an ideal ss venue and not to technical, bike to be built up the night before over a few beers we could end up with a very nice blingy bike or a niche disaster the only give aways will be seat post sizes and what type bottom bracket,rotor sizes if we go the disc brake way.Might even make a mag article.
    Open to male or female, beard optional!
    I,m in bagging the Wheels and bits section as I have an eccentic rear wheel that will fit most frames

boxelder

Reminds me of team Hugh Jass from the good ol' USofA:

"Meanwhile, members of Team Hugh Jass of Harrisonburg, Virginia, appear stuck in a time warp, relishing their non-conformist stature. They sport an air of cockiness, resplendent in a sordid array of mismatched plaids and lounge shirts, a vivid counterpoint to the high-tech fabrics used for most team outfits. Wild wigs aren't required, but are the norm. What is required is that every team member, before every lap, pull on the same pair of crusty cycling shorts. Not identical shorts – the same shorts. "

dmiller
    Free Member

Bet you could get two racing whippets in my lycra!

ton

bit sizeist that mate……….medium frame 😡

postierich
    Free Member

Not at all Tony one size should fit all,and did i mention we are racin to win!
    And swopping of shorts is a no no 😕

Ti29er
    Free Member

Something very similar was done at last year's inaugrial 12hr White's Enduro by On-One.

Don't recall the exact details and I'm sure it's on their new web site in one of the blogs, but they were planning just one of everything, but if I recall it did end up with mostly one of everything (inc' shoes?).

I think they might even have been swapping shorts at one point – or was that just an aim and not an actual reality?

postierich
    Free Member

Tuesday bump for the workers!
    I know its a stupid idea but I,m still up for it!!!

Probably a good Idea if we got the frame sorted first 😕

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One team one bike one 24hr event fancy it!’ is closed to new replies.