Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • One Plus One Phone
  • dvatcmark
    Free Member

Any body got one of these? If so what do you think to it?

I’m coming to the end of a 2 year contract on T mobile and have decided to swap over to 30 day rolling contacts instead of being tied into another contract. Initially going to try out gifgaf and the One plus one looks like a great phone for the price, but as usual on the net you see wildly varying reviews hence the question.

Currently have an S4 which I’m hacked of with, although flashing it with Cyonegenmod 11 could be an option.

Shackleton

oneplus one lacks band 20 so no 4G on O2, Vodafone, Tesco Mobile, LycaMobile, GiffGaff (amongst others). I think only 3 and EE work for 4G with it.

I’d try CM11 on your S4. I use it on a tablet and think it is great.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I like mine. Battery life and 64gb storage were the deal makers for me. As yet it has been fine. Not yet the latest version of android but I preferred kitkat to lollipop anyway.

Edit. Tuesdays at the moment are open buying so you don’t require an invite.

teadrinker
    Free Member

my bro in law has one. He got rid of his S5 for an Iphone 6 plus and then got rid of that for one of these. He loves it.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Had a bit of a prob to begin with but that’s because I’m crap with tech. It seems to be working fine but I still don’t know a thing (and can’t be assed) about widgets and the other 95% of what the phone could well be capable of. Battery power seems pretty good. It might be really good on battery power but I rarely use it for calling or texting so who knows. The camera seems crap in daylight and it’s hard to see what you’re taking a pic of or filming. If you film with the light on, it seems really good.. same with taking pics in darker conditions. Volume on the phone is a bit poor compared to my 3GS,It’s not very loud at max. The speed of it compared to my dodgy old 3GS is unreal. I don’t do much with it but whatever I’m doing, it seems lightning fast from one thing to another. Would I buy another? probably not. My next phone would be just that, something that works really well just as a phone with good battery power. Can you tell I’m over 40? :O)

h1jjy
    Free Member

I almost got one but in the end got a iPhone 6 to keep the apple ecosystem.

There are very good phones and are on par with Samsung S or Sony. Even uses lots of the same stuff and they not made a mess of it by putting there own front end on it.

Go for it and save a sheed load of cash

Jamze

Got a couple, one 16 gig, the other 64. Cracking spec for the money. As above the 4G radio only works for Three and EE. We use Three.

Compared with my work iPhone liking flexibility of Android/Cyanogen, 1080p screen is great, big battery means I can leave screen at decent brightness, WiFi and bluetooth on and it easily lasts all day/night.

Expect a OnePlus Two pretty soon, which is why I guess they’re starting to sell them off on Tuesdays.

Only issues I’ve had so far is getting used to a larger phone (dropped it a few times), got some bluetooth issues at the moment with my car (prob because I’ve got other stuff connected to it, need to look into), and the camera, even though great spec (13 meg pics, 4K video, RAW files) is slow to focus and fire the shutter – iPhone camera app does a better job. But perhaps there are better Android camera apps I should be using.

So recommended by me.

johnnystorm

As above no complaints and the performance, etc makes big brand names look hilariously overpriced. The camera can be a big slow in low light but the stock Google camera app is a free download. I’m using the ‘a better camera’ app and it’s perfectly fine now.

Battery life makes my old S4 active look very poor. Can run strava for a cruisey road century with no bother.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys, have to say I’m very tempted. The 4g isn’t really a worry as for me 3g is more than fast enough.

Jamze

One other thing, do you need top spec/big display? If not I’d be tempted by the latest Motorola Moto E or Moto G. We’ve got a couple of those and they’re great too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘One Plus One Phone’ is closed to new replies.